2.80 Speed Issue - think I found the tipping point ...

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 anni tempo fa
had a 2.80 site running quite happily and responsively on shared hosting account - really no problems until now

Last night I added 1 more category ( to make a total of 78 )

and I added 72 products ( to make a total of 297 )

most of the new products were mapped to the same category  and a couple are mapped to 1 other category also.

site seems to have ground to a halt - 6, 7 even as much as 15 second load times now.
11 anni tempo fa
I had 2.80 site with millions of products and it worked fine (about 100 categories). I think it's better to profile SQL server in order to know why it's so slow (perhaps, some wrong configuration). Also please try the upcoming 3.00
11 anni tempo fa
I'd have half a mind on suspecting a change in the hosting setup that you may be unaware of, might be worth the time to restore a backup from before the extra products and see if the response time improves again, if you have the luxury of doing that without pi**ing off users of course :)
11 anni tempo fa
You could try re-indexing the tables and updating statistics on the database.

Make  Backup first though, it can only improve performance if anything.

USE MyDatabase
GO
CREATE PROCEDURE spUtil_ReIndexDatabase_UpdateStats
AS
DECLARE @MyTable VARCHAR(255)
DECLARE myCursor
CURSOR FOR
SELECT table_name
FROM information_schema.tables
WHERE table_type = 'base table'
OPEN myCursor
FETCH NEXT
FROM myCursor INTO @MyTable
WHILE @@FETCH_STATUS = 0
BEGIN
PRINT 'Reindexing Table:  ' + @MyTable
DBCC DBREINDEX(@MyTable, '', 80)
FETCH NEXT
FROM myCursor INTO @MyTable
END
CLOSE myCursor
DEALLOCATE myCursor
EXEC sp_updatestats
GO
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.