Can't access Admin area

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 anni tempo fa
I just installed the current version of nopcommerce using the godaddy installation. I cannot enter the admin console. I enter /administration to my url and get a customer login screen. I tried both the standard password user name combo, but it didn't work: [email protected], admin. I tried the user name and password I used when setting up nopcommerce in godaddy. Didn't work.
I checked the tables, and there is no nop_commerce listed. What can I do to access the site? ANy help would be appreciated. Thanks!
14 anni tempo fa
In my opinion, though it may not be the cause of your problem, changing your web host would help. I'm not positive but many of the new features require full trust which godaddy does not support. There may be work arounds or godaddy's policies may have changed, but my experiance with them has always been more troublesome in every way than with other hosts such as softsyshosting.com or webhost4life.com

Best Regards

Curt Wheeler
www.100development.com
nopCommerce Template Store
14 anni tempo fa
I searched the web and the forum tirelessly (for several hours) and found things that were close, but not right on. I found a posting on the forum that with a bit of adjusting solved the problem.
Go to godaddy.com
Click on my account
Log on with your godaddy user name and password
Click on hosting (on the left)
Click on manage account (in middle by your url)
Click on databases
Here is where it changes from previous posts I have read:
Click on sqlserver
Click on manage via web admin
Enter your sql password and user name
(Use the name of the database from the previous page, and the password you set up)
Click on tables
Click browse at end of the nop_customer line (do not click on edit or delete)
You will see your email address
Double click on edit for your email address
Make sure is_admin has a value of 1 in the only field you can it in.
If it doesn't, change it.
If it does you will need to go into your nopcommerce site, and enter data as a new customer. You will need to use a new password unless you delete your address above.
Reload the nop_customer page and browse to the new email address.
Click on the edit icon.
Put a 1 in the is_admin field.
Delete your old email address.
Click on update
Now you can use that new email address and password to enter the admin area at:
your url/the database directory/administration
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.