Several problems, connectionstrings, admin controller

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 anni tempo fa
Hello Everyone,
this is my first on this forum.

I've been using several old versions of nopCommerce, and I have no problem wit it.
But now I downloaded a new version (2.80) of nopCommerce and I want to have several databases... For test pusrposes, commercial, backup, etc...
And my problem is => I cannot find, or locate the ConnectionStrings.config in solution?
Can anyone help me with it?
Me second question is: Is there any quick sql script for creating database structures?
And my question:
   I added a new controller into Web.Admin project, to add some personal functionality to nopCommerce. Then I call http://(address)/Admin/MyNewControllerName/MyNewActionName and i get information that:
The resource cannot be found.

What else I need to modify to access my new action?
11 anni tempo fa
foteliasz wrote:
Hello Everyone,
this is my first on this forum.

I've been using several old versions of nopCommerce, and I have no problem wit it.
But now I downloaded a new version (2.80) of nopCommerce and I want to have several databases... For test pusrposes, commercial, backup, etc...
And my problem is => I cannot find, or locate the ConnectionStrings.config in solution?
Can anyone help me with it?

Connection string is in App_Data\Settings.txt

foteliasz wrote:

Me second question is: Is there any quick sql script for creating database structures?

nopCommerce uses Entity Framework Code First Technology. There are no SQL scripts to create the database. If nopCommerce fails to find App_Date\Settings.txt on application startup, it redirects to an installation page where you put your database connection info. Once you fill in this info, the database is created and populated through code, not SQL scripts. But of course, once this step is done, you can use SQL Management Studio to generate a database creation script for your database, just in case you want to clone your nopCommerce instance. Just make sure you generate scripts for schema and data together.

foteliasz wrote:

And my question:
   I added a new controller into Web.Admin project, to add some personal functionality to nopCommerce. Then I call http://(address)/Admin/MyNewControllerName/MyNewActionName and i get information that:
The resource cannot be found.

What else I need to modify to access my new action?

Well, I am not quite sure about this, as I am new to MVC, but I understand that there is a routing mechanism that has to be taken care of. Have you checked global.asax for any clue?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.