Shipping Module: Royal Mail for UK

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 anni tempo fa
Good Evening,

I was just looking at the additional shipping modules and I was just wondering if a Royal Mail module could be built for the UK or how hard it would be to build one.

I want to mostly use royal mail for my shipments but using built in methods I really struggled.

For instance if I do it by weight the current way I have to add an amount per gramms or something and the royal mail gets alot cheaper the heavier it is so I either end up making a loss on light weight items or making a massive profit on heavy weight items. Also doing it by price doesn't really help me either. I might have something that is exepensive but weighs like a feather.

It would be nice to have support for their different services and its rates for instance First Class:

0-100g  61p  
101-250g  90p  
251-500g  £1.24  
501-750g  £1.77

So If I did per weight and did 61p per 100 Grams by the time I get to 100g it would = £3.05 this gets increasingly expensive when you get up to 5KG

I would like to use several of their services:

First Class
Second Class
Recorded and
Special Delivery
14 anni tempo fa
max, i had exactly the same issue - it needed a tiny change in the code  see post :https://www.nopcommerce.com/Boards/Topic.aspx?TopicID=2196 to find out how to set actual weight brackets

once you have done that, set up shipping methods for

First Class
Second Class
Recorded and
Special Delivery

then go to your 'Shipping By Order Weight' and set up all your weight brackets

its quite a bit of work but it is possible
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.