Smartstore violates nopCommerce license terms!!! Let's discuss

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 anni tempo fa
Actually Jack, the poor guy is from Belgium, not Germany, and he was only expressing his own opinion, and not that of everyone else.

Amended: Sorry rich guy from Belgium :)
9 anni tempo fa
Smartstore should respect NopCommerce's license. Agree

You want people to respect you. How about you respect other first or is that German things? Go Nazi on everyone and apologies later when German got defeated? Typical German.

First of all i'm not german and secondly... Wtf has this got to do with the entire discussion... This is exactly what i meant earlier.
Before you start being rude again remember that we all lose here!
9 anni tempo fa
XtremeCommerce wrote:
Actually Jack, the poor guy is from Belgium, not Germany, and he was only expressing his own opinion, and not that of everyone else.

Besides the word poor i agree. 😀
9 anni tempo fa
jackmtsai wrote:
there might be something to say about violating licenses etc.

Smartstore should respect NopCommerce's license. You want people to respect you. How about you respect other first or is that German things? Go Nazi on everyone and apologies later when German got defeated? Typical German.

This is not good what you write. What's up with that?
SmartStore is a German company with Turkish and Greek business leaders.
9 anni tempo fa
jackmtsai wrote:

Smartstore should respect NopCommerce's license.

Agree

Smartstore people in first place rejected to continue discussions on this matter. Basically the reaction of the Nop community was to make a public  denounce of the violation to the Nop licence. IMHO this matter should have been negotiated in first by both parties, instead of forcing Nop to spend time and money to take it to the court.

jackmtsai wrote:

Smartstore should respect NopCommerce's license. You want people to respect you. How about you respect other first or is that German things? Go Nazi on everyone and apologies later when German got defeated? Typical German.

These kind of comments are totally inappropriate.
9 anni tempo fa
eadameg wrote:
IMHO this matter should have been negotiated in first by both parties, instead of forcing Nop to spend time and money to take it to the courtThese kind of comments are totally inappropriate.

Hi Eduardo,

Agree about it. I tried to do it before going to court. But as you may know they clearly rejected (described here)

eadameg wrote:
These kind of comments are totally inappropriate.

Absolutely agree. Please, no racism or such rudeness on these forums
9 anni tempo fa
a.m. wrote:
UPDATE: And here we go. The court announced its decision today. We won! Right, it's over! Flawless Victory! Instead of just returning "powered by nopcommerce”, SmartStore AG is not allowed to distribute SmartStore anymore.

They will have to pay back all existing lawyer and court costs to Nop Solutions Ltd. And they also have to pay us ALL service and support fees they got since they offer SmartStore.

Of course, SmartStore can go to the next court instance. Let's see whether they will do it. But our lawyes and I are completely sure that SmartStore AG will lose again if they try. They can try to delay court results this way for several months more. But they should not do it if they want to get a chance for some deal with us. SmartStore has about one month to decide whether they will go to the next court instance. So now we just have to wait. Our further steps will depend on it.

I understand that this court decision can completely kill this company. We do not want it. We also do not want to harm existing users of SmartStore. nopCommerce and SmartStore could collaborate. Let's wait and see whether SmartStore wants it.

I also would like to thank the community and everybody who supported us. Thanks a lot! Special dedicated thanks to nopDynamics, our solution partner from Germany. Jorg (CEO of this company) continuously helped me with this case. Thanks a lot!

Congratulations Andrei !!!

That's a great news :) I am glad this thing is over now...
9 anni tempo fa
a.m. wrote:
IMHO this matter should have been negotiated in first by both parties, instead of forcing Nop to spend time and money to take it to the courtThese kind of comments are totally inappropriate.
Hi Eduardo,

Agree about it. I tried to do it before going to court. But as you may know they clearly rejected (described here)

Hi Andrei:

Yes I know, it was Smartstore who rejected to negotiate:
6. SmartStore:
We ask politely of you to put no more further requests to our address since we are sure that our opinion on this matter will not be changed.

...and now apparently (and not very politely) they are ready to accept  the "powered by Nopcommerce" requirement:
muratcakir wrote:
No, absolutely not! We yearn for a final word. But the only decision(s) we could accept are: "put the damn logo into the footer", OR, "do whatever you want".

Again my congratulations for all this!
9 anni tempo fa
Why the hell didn't they just do that in the first place, and save all the expense to themselves and hassle, not to mention the lose of face, how ridiculous !!!
9 anni tempo fa
Sorry for not being clear enough but as I've already written here we have to wait (about one month) in order to see whether SmartStore will go to the next court instance. If they decide to continue (most probably, please see this post), then the results will be deplayed until the second instance is over. That's why we have to wait now and see what they decide.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.