Nopcommerce 3.10 + change default starting page

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 anni tempo fa
Hello All,

I am using Nopcommerce 3.10 version. I want to know, is that possible to set other page as a starting page? other than home page?

In nopcommerce default Home page gets load but i want to change it. So is there any way for it?

Regards,
Rekha
10 anni tempo fa
rekha123 wrote:
Hello All,

I am using Nopcommerce 3.10 version. I want to know, is that possible to set other page as a starting page? other than home page?

In nopcommerce default Home page gets load but i want to change it. So is there any way for it?

Regards,
Rekha

Sure it's possible. You can do an IIS URL Rewrite if it doesn't have much logic. Otherwise you can customize the code to do so. :D
10 anni tempo fa
Can you tell me how to set HTML page as start up page in IIS for nopcommerce 3.10 version?

I have simply set my HTML page as start up page in IIS but its not working.
Any other thing that can help me?
10 anni tempo fa
If you have access to the source code and can compile it, then the easiest way is to modify the RouteProvider in Nop.Web

routes.MapLocalizedRoute("HomePage",
      "home", // <<--- change empty string to something else
      new { controller = "Home", action = "Index"},
      new[] { "Nop.Web.Controllers" });

//create your own route

routes.MapLocalizedRoute("NewHomePage",
     "",
     new { controller = "Topic", action = "TopicDetails", new {SystemName = "intro-page"} },
     new[] { "Nop.Web.Controllers" });

10 anni tempo fa
Sorry  but adding new route will not set my page as starting page.

If you can more detail about it then please share with me.
10 anni tempo fa
Hi this should work

using System.Web.Mvc;
using Nop.Web.Framework.Security;

namespace Nop.Web.Controllers
{
    public partial class HomeController : BaseNopController
    {
        [NopHttpsRequirement(SslRequirement.No)]
        public ActionResult Index()
        {
            //return View();
            return Redirect(Url.Content("~/index.html"));
        }
    }
}
10 anni tempo fa
Hi - I need to change the default starting page in v.2.9.

Can I use the same code above?  What file do I change/add the above code to?

Thank you.
10 anni tempo fa
Can anybody help with this? Any guidance is appreciated.
10 anni tempo fa
Rkelly wrote:
Can anybody help with this? Any guidance is appreciated.

Couple of things to consider...

Do you need your default page to change completely, or do you just need it to look a little different?

If you override the "Homepage" Route, the View/Home/Index.cshtml will never get hit, and you will not have a default catalog landing page unless you also provide entry to categories, products, etc, on your homepage. So if you can provide a little detail on how you envision your app working, it will help the recommendation.
7 anni tempo fa
I used to do with IIS Rewrite but it fails. doing infinite redirections.. can anyone help on it?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.