install on godaddy configuration . pls help me

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 anni tempo fa
i in stall the site in godaddy .

and already go into step 3 .

all is ok .

and i put in the data base user that is my data base name also .

but there is an notice that the database is not exiting . i donot know why .
14 anni tempo fa
SQL Server Database InformationStatus:SetupHost Name:rong888.db.4287282.hostedresource.comDatabase Name:rong888Database Version:2005Description:Not SetUser Name:rong888Read-Only User Name:jacky
14 anni tempo fa
I am running on GoDaddy with sql server just fine.  You need to:

Install nopcommerce

Create the sql Server database through the hosting plan create database function.  If you need the database to be accessable using SQL Server Express or some other db tool then make sure you have the check box for Allow Direct Database Access checked.  This would include running the install locally but wanting to access the database on godaddy.

Once the database is set up on godaddy (look for the status of setup), Use the script that came with nopcmmerce to create the database sctructure (nopcommerce/install/script).  You can do this using any tool use want.  I used SQL Serve Express, but you can use the godaddy database access tool if you want.

Once that is done your database is all set up.  You will need to change your web.config to point to the database.  You do this by replacing you current web.config with the one in the script directory and then updating the connection string.

There are several other posts in the forum that discuss installing nopcommerce for sql server.  there is nothing special about using godaddy.

On this to be aware of is the medium trust on godaddy prevent programatic changes to the web.config.  As a result, adminstration functions - like configuring google check out - return an error.  Not to worry though, all you have to do is change the web.config instead.
14 anni tempo fa
the error you get says

Not SetUser Name:rong888Read-Only User Name:jacky

this tells me you might have set the user name incorrectly.  On godaddy, the db user is the same as the db name - in this case rong888.  You also don't want a read only user.
14 anni tempo fa
""Once that is done your database is all set up.  You will need to change your web.config to point to the database.  You do this by replacing you current web.config with the one in the script directory and then updating the connection string.

There are several other posts in the forum that discuss installing nopcommerce for sql server.  there is nothing special about using godaddy."""

so i need to change the web.config files that in the download fies .

but i donot know how to change . pls help me friend.
14 anni tempo fa
The web.config points to a configuration located in the root directory called ConnectionStrings.config that file needs to be changed to point to your database on go daddy.
14 anni tempo fa
but how to change it . pls help me .
14 anni tempo fa
Try this:

I entered all the information based on your prior posts.  You will need to double check my entries to make sure I have interpreted your prior posts correctly.  You have to insert your password in place of  <enter your db password here>

<connectionStrings>
    <add name="NopSqlConnection" connectionString="Data Source=Rong888.db.4287282.hostedresource.com;Initial Catalog=Rong888;Integrated Security=False;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=Rong888;Password=<enter your db password here> Timeout=120"/>
</connectionStrings>
14 anni tempo fa
Do you really have to change settings of the web config file?
I just installed the cart on Godaddy (I'm also new at this) All I did was in my host account, I said install.....
Godaddy set up the database and everything. To check it out I went to the database section of my host dashboard and selected administrate the new database, it was all there tables and everything.
Next I went into the cart as admin and everything seemed just fine. Looks like all I need to do is customize the look, and add products.
14 anni tempo fa
i donot know . but when i install the site . the step 3 says my database doesnot exit .
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.