Currency Issue

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 anni tempo fa
I am using WorldPay as a payment gateway and it looks like the primary store currency needs to be set in USD for that to work. So the 2 problems that that poses is:
1) The customers will need to change the currency to GBP everytime they go into the store and its important they dont think its a foreign site
2) The products will need to be priced at the correct amount in USD so that they show the correct prices in GBP

Can anyone suggest of a cunning way around these 2 issues?
14 anni tempo fa
This sounds really weird.  Worldpay say you must provide the amount in US dollars?    

If so I would be looking at the nop source and just before it posts the amount to the payment provider to convert it.  This would mean no noticable differece to customer.  

But surely when the customer see's the amount its going to be in $US and is totally going to get confused.  I know I would and wonder if the the payment was legit.  

Maybe you need to use a different payment provider??
14 anni tempo fa
I agree, it does seem wierd

If you look in the admin section under the configuration\payment\payment methods, when you go into edit the WorldPay entry there is a note at the bottom stating that you need to have the primary store currency set to US Dollars.

And I also agree that customers are definitely going to see it when they go to pay and most will probably bail at that stage.

We have already signed up for WorldPay and have used it before on different systems with pretty good results, it just seems that if you are not in the US and trying to use WorldPay with NOP, you are in trouble!

Any ideas of how to get around it though? If this is a functional limitation, perhaps going in and make a change myself in order to do the conversion before it goes out to WorldPay?

Any thoughts would be very welcome!
14 anni tempo fa
Anyone else have any idea on how to get around this?
14 anni tempo fa
Worldpay does not impose the USD limitation. The problem is the implementation within nopCommerce that has is hard-coded to work with USD.

I have produced a very basic work-around for GBP. I needed to get this done very quickly and have therefore simply replaced USD with GBP. I will revisit this with a view to developing a proper solution that supports any currency in due course.
14 anni tempo fa
Thanks for the reply. I made the same change you are talking about in terms of changing the hard coded currency code from USD to GBP, however I am having problems with the WorldPay response and I think it is due to the local setting, which is en-us, should that be en-gb?
14 anni tempo fa
I have changed the amount from CultureInfo("en-US", false) to CultureInfo("en-GB", false), but I don't think that it should matter. I think that the string will be formatted the same way in either case.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.