Change Categories names with graphics

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 anni tempo fa
Hi,
I'm using NOPCommerce 1.40 to build a e-commerce site. I would like to change some category names in the left bar with graphics (jpg or png files). If I go on Modules -> CategoryNavigation.ascx I only have a PlaceHolder named "phCategories". Is it possibile insert those image files into this placeholder, where I have to go and what I have to do?

thanks a lot!!!
14 anni tempo fa
Read up on CSS.
14 anni tempo fa
I thought forums were to help. Your answer did not help that person. I see alot of questions on this forum but not a lot of replies. There is not alot of documentation on the use of nopcommerce. It would be nice to see people helping those of us who are not familiar with the programing aspects of the software.
14 anni tempo fa
There is a user guide for $19.95.

Programming....

most of us do not have time to go into detailed explanations of programming.

There are some posters who do have time for that and or offer their services at a cost.

Considering the cost of the software, free, it may be worth a person's while to pay for such a service if they are stuck and do not find the answer they are looking for in the forums.

I for one do not offer such a service but do try to show my support for this product by giving the odd hint here and there.

CSS is a hint of what to look for to make the changes the person asking the qstn should look for as the place the person was looking to make a change was wrong.

There is lots of help here but you may need to do some digging i.e. search thru the forums.

The user guide is a User Guide and NOT a guide on how to program or how to edit CSS.

The hint I gave should steer the person in the right direction.

If not open source is not for that person.

P.S. there is lots of well known open source software out there (used by some large companies) where people are paying thousands of dollars for support.
14 anni tempo fa
If you are looking to replace the category links with images then you will need to change the code to do this. Essentially the category navigation control loops through the categories in your store and adds a link to each one.

Rather than adding a standard link you could add an asp:image and use a bit of convention for the image names i.e.

categoryImage.ImageUrl = "~/images/[categoryname].jpg"

This would be the quickest and easiest way of implementing your requirements.

HTH
Ben
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.