HELP! I have locked myself out of admin

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 anni tempo fa
Hi there,

I'm very new to nop commerce 3.00 and was playing around with the security settings (where the captcha settings are). And I seem to have locked myself out of the admin panel. When I log in, I am unable to view any of the pages - it says "Access Denied. You do not have permissions.  

I have searched for hours and found that I need to run the following script on the database but I don't know how to do that. I connected to the database using visual studio 2013 but I don't know how or where to run the script. Is there an idiots guide for this? If someone could be kind enough to help me, it would be most appreciated. PLEASE help me. If it's better for me to download another software to run the script please let me know.

UPDATE Nop_Setting
SET [value] = ''
WHERE [name] = 'Security.AdminAreaAllowedIP'

Don't forget to restart the application after it's done - simply save web.config file (without any changes)

***  Where and How do I run this script?*** ( I connected to the database with visual studio 2013 but i'm scratching my head on how to run the script)
9 anni tempo fa
UPDATE:

I found this post BUT I can't change the setting to false, I can find it if I select (by right clicking) Select Top 1000 rows (In SQL Server Management Studio). If I select edit Top 200 rows it doesn't show. any idea how I can make it show so I can edit it?:

PROBLEM:
I accidentally locked myself out of the nopCommerce. I was just setting up ACL in Admin and trying different combinations. I am the Admin and I did not know that it would be possible to lock myself out.

I have tried restoring from an old backup copy but for some reason that did not change anything.

Anybody please provide some guidance. I am new with nopCommerce.

SOLUTION:

Posted: 3 years ago Quote #32669
i think you've enabled ACL without giving yourself administrator permission

1. Connect to your database
2. Open table    Nop_Setting
3. Find      ACL.Enabled      setting and set its value to    false
4. Restart your application
9 anni tempo fa
Please stop duplicating forum questions (deleted)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.