A brief guide to "fixing" NopCommerce razor intellisense

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 anni tempo fa
Hey all,

I've seen a lot of confusion and help questions out there asking why Razor intellisense doesn't work in Nop and how to fix it.  I have also experienced this issue for a while, so after some research I've written a brief blog tutorial with some steps on how to fix this.  This isn't really a NopCommerce issue to begin with, so its also applicable for C# class libraries in other situations as well.

I know there are already some guides out there, but none of those individually worked for me so I've pieced together something that seems to work reliably (at least in my testing).

Let me know if this helps or if you have any additional info to add to this process.

Check It Out Here

Thanks!
9 anni tempo fa
Very frustrating indeed.  My plugin was working fine (intellisense)...then for no reason, suddenly all the razor files think there is syntax errors everywhere. Mainly because it thinks that system.web.mvc.html needs to be added as a reference, when system.web.mvc clearly is added...and is in the web.config file of the view itself.
Not just my plugin either...all plugin views suddenly had this issue.
In any event, unfortunately your steps didn't fix this for me. The hunt continues for me to find a solution.
8 anni tempo fa
I experienced the same thing.  Did Alex's fix and it worked for a while, but now nothing.  Intellisense fails big time.  On VS2015.  Don't know if that needs a different fix or not.
7 anni tempo fa
Indeed. Alex's solution did work for few days only, now back to no intellisense!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.