Any advice on Per State Taxes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 anni tempo fa
Yes, you have seen a few of these questions from me about state taxes.  I wonder if I am the only guy that has ever tried to chartge state tax to only one state?  Nobody seems to be trying to help me out here.  Here we go again... when I set the taxes for New Jersey to 7% and all other states to 0%, the results are that all states are being charged 7%.  What is the deal?  Anybody??
14 anni tempo fa
1. Go to admin area > configuration > tax > tax settings. Ensure that you set up your default tax address (country, state and zip code) which is used by default (until a billing address is entered during checkout). Don't set is to USA/NJ!!!
2. Go to admin area > configuration > tax > tax providers. Ensure that 'Tax By Country & State' is active. Then go to its details and add the following record:
country - USA
state/province - New Jersey
zip code - leave empty
tax class - choose required tax class
percentage - 7%
13 anni tempo fa
So this is pretty confusing but this post helped me figure it all out. I guess. So I have set a tax rate for california customers. I then set the default tax information to amercian samoa. That way for most orders it will start with a tax rate of 0. Then when the user sets the billing address it will get calculated. Seems that it would be easier to have a default tax rate instead of default tax location.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.