Need help with internal error - Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 anni tempo fa
Hi

We recently upgraded from 1.4 to 1.5.  Most pages are working fine, except the product pages (we have only a few test products in there right now).  When I click on a product, I get the standard error.  

We get a "We're sorry, an internal error occurred that prevents the request to complete."  

The system log has the following details:

Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.  

Exception:  System.Web.HttpUnhandledException: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Only one instance of a ScriptManager can be added to the page. at System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.OnInit(EventArgs e) at AjaxControlToolkit.ToolkitScriptManager.OnInit(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index) at System.Web.UI.ControlCollection.Add(Control child) at NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.ProductPage.CreateChildControlsTree() in F:\Own\NopCommerce\EnterpriseEdition\1.5Release\NopCommerceStore\Product.aspx.cs:line 52 at NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.ProductPage.OnInit(EventArgs e) in F:\Own\NopCommerce\EnterpriseEdition\1.5Release\NopCommerceStore\Product.aspx.cs:line 59 at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) at ASP.product_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in c:\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\2c474bda\6fbbe0cc\App_Web_3qkdpj60.22.cs:line 0 at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)  

Any suggestions of what might be going wrong?

Thanks
Sue
14 anni tempo fa
it seems you have more then script manager loading . go back t where you made some changes and verify if you added a script manager.

PS: I believe you added it to a Masterpage (they were moved in 1.5 from master pages)
14 anni tempo fa
Hmmm, no I'm pretty sure we didn't modify things like that.

It looks like a bug in the product.aspx.cs page – it’s calling the script manager twice, once at line 52 and another at line 59.

Isn't that something that product support needs to fix.  It’s also making an absolute reference to a mapped drive (f) that shouldn’t be there.  

Should we back out that file  and use that single file from V1.4?
14 anni tempo fa
Did you recently upload the files?  I had trouble with my nopCommerce application at first and it was because some files didn't get uploaded completely.  It was the files in the bin directory that were incomplete.  I had to look at each file side by side in my FTP client and make sure that the file size on the server matched the file size on my computer.  I found that some of the files on the server were incomplete and had to re-upload them.  This fixed all my problems.
14 anni tempo fa
Actually, I think sch09 gave me a clue about the problem.  I was wrong.  I DID modify two master pages, copying from 1.4 to 1.5.  I had saved a backup copy of the pages before modifying them.  I backed them out and I no longer get the error.  I'm going to now try to fix them up the way they looked in v1.4 without causing the error.

Thank you!
14 anni tempo fa
Yep, that was it.  I had copied all the code in my two column master page and my root.master from 1.4 to 1.5.  It didn't like that!  It's working fine with more carefully modified edits.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.