Login Error - site down

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 anni tempo fa
I am using ver 3.5 with no code changes.

I cannot register a new user or login as an existing.

When I look at the Customer table I see that it is creating a new row for the new user ant that the GUID is created (along with CreateDate, etc) but the Username, email etc is blank

Any ideas why I can't login as an existing user, or why I can't create a new user?
9 anni tempo fa
QEDDave wrote:
I cannot register a new user or login as an existing.

Are you getting any error? Please provide more information

QEDDave wrote:
When I look at the Customer table I see that it is creating a new row for the new user ant that the GUID is created (along with CreateDate, etc) but the Username, email etc is blank

These are guest records. You can ignore them
9 anni tempo fa
Ooops yeah I should have added that to my post
http://parts.troyonlinesales.com/Content/Images/untitled.jpg

The message says: "The anti-forgery token could not be decrypted...."

It might be because of my host server RAM and am now trying another Host
9 anni tempo fa
Adding a machine key to the web.config file should fix the problem. You can generate the machine key or read more about it here or here
9 anni tempo fa
Hello,

I found the solution a couple days ago and forgot to update this post....

As it turns out my errors were due to the hosting plan maxing out on RAM and that lead to the heartburn (FYI)

Thanks for the replies and help - much much appreciated :)
9 anni tempo fa
a.m. wrote:
Adding a machine key to the web.config file should fix the problem. You can generate the machine key or read more about it here or here

Which Web.config location do I add the Machine Key to?
7 anni tempo fa
After defining a machine key in web.config:

<system.web>
<machineKey validationKey="CB95352CE9E02AC8079B51C6C77F6C2162BC3460618F957EEE54B96C912BCAF46E07A8D643BA1C9ED8968DD456195974F6069D1C59B00F2F5A7427F375EB8971" decryptionKey="346FAC441DB778808572A77A1159A8198E2DBE5F584E573E5B36BA3615E84FDB" validation="SHA1" decryption="AES"
/>

with the help of

http://www.allkeysgenerator.com/Random/ASP-Net-MachineKey-Generator.aspx

I got 2 new error messages in my log:

"The anti-forgery cookie token and form field token do not match."

and

"The anti-forgery token could not be decrypted. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that all machines are running the same version of ASP.NET Web Pages and that the <machineKey> configuration specifies explicit encryption and validation keys. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster."

I did not found a solution here in the nopcommerce forums but then I found the solution myself:

I removed these error messages by disabling

Enable XSRF protection for admin area
Enable XSRF protection for public store

in the General Settings

Hope this helps!
Greets,
Tilman
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.