Free Shipping Coupon

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 anni tempo fa
I setup a discount coupon to apply to shipping, but not matter what configuration I setup, no discount applies to shipping.

Is there a way to setup a discount coupon to make shipping free? It would be easy if we had one rate for all shipping but the shipping fees change based on order amount.

Thanks
14 anni tempo fa
in admin, go to promotions-->discounts

add new
Discount type     is a drop down list    select    signed to shipping

a discount requirement set to 'none'   should apply it to everyone but you can limit to to particular customers if you like
14 anni tempo fa
Figured it out - but it only sort of makes sense.

In order to get the free shipping coupon to work, I had to setup the discount to have a really high amount. Initially I left it at $0.00 thinking the system would just set the shipping costs to $0.00.

What I ended up doing was applying a $1000 discount (shipping would never get to this amount) and it worked. Now I assume that this was necessary due to the backend logic, but technically shouldn't the system just cancel out the shipping costs if I have opted the coupon to apply only to shipping?

Thanks!
14 anni tempo fa
if you edit the discount,

there is a checkbox beside 'use percentage'- tick it  

when you do,    'Discount amount:'     (in the next line down ) changes to      Discount Percentage

set this to 100

save

this should give a shipping discount of 100%
14 anni tempo fa
Thanks Haydie!

I was making this way too complicated -
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.