Install Error with SQL 2008 on Webhost

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 anni tempo fa
I am trying to install NOPCommerce 1.5  and got this error when installing on my web host running SQL 2008 with an existing database setup. I got passed Step 2 and am trying to complete step 3, as per the manual that I purchased from you. Below is the error I receive, can you please assist as it says it works with SQL2005 and above.

An error occured: Incorrect syntax near '0x0a0d'.
Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'with'. If this statement is a common table expression, an xmlnamespaces clause or a change tracking context clause, the previous statement must be terminated with a semicolon.
Running scripts from file: C:\HostingSpaces\allbundl\allbundledup.com.au\wwwroot\install\Scripts\nopCommerce_createDatabase.sql

Thanks, James
14 anni tempo fa
You could try and run the nopCommerce_createDatabase.sql script manually and see what happens.
14 anni tempo fa
If you are running windows, run your command prompt then type:
prompt:>sqlcmd -H DatabaseHostname -S DatabaseServerAddress -U username -P password -d database -i pathToDatabaseScript

if you see:
>1
then it worked

First make sure that you have created the database.
14 anni tempo fa
Skiltz wrote:
You could try and run the nopCommerce_createDatabase.sql script manually and see what happens.

I have had the same problem so I ran the script manually, what's the next step?
14 anni tempo fa
You will need to add a connection string to your SQLServer in the web.config
14 anni tempo fa
nopCommerce team | Mike wrote:
You will need to add a connection string to your SQLServer in the web.config

I've added the connection string to ConnectionStrings.config and it is still not working.
<connectionStrings>
    <add name="Nop..." connectionString="Data Source=*****;Initial Catalog=*****;User ID=*****;Password=*****;"/>
</connectionStrings>
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.