How many people here used GoogleWebmaster for www.yoursite.com/sitemapseo ?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 anni tempo fa
How many people here used GoogleWebmaster for www.yoursite.com/sitemapseo ?

Please provide me your feedback for this, does it really helps ?

and please correct me if this is the wrong procedure for using it.

1) Go to www.yourwebsite.com/sitemapseo.aspx

2) save the xml file

3) Go to www.google.com/webmasters/tools/ and sign in with GMAIL ID  > Add a site

4) It asks for the url, i have to provide : www.mywebsite.com OR www.mywebsite.com/sitemapseo.aspx ?

5) What should i do after this ? It asks me to paste some code in my homepage ? some meta key etc. But my homepage has already meta name ="description", meta name = "keyword" , so i have to leave those things as it is and paste this additionally ?

what to do after this ?
14 anni tempo fa
Anyone ? Please Guide Me....
14 anni tempo fa
You should add it in these few steps:

1. Go to Google Webmasters Tools
2. Add your website
3. Verify the website (follow the steps or google for 'google verify website')
4. Open the website details (dashboard)
5. Click Siteconfiguration > Sitemaps
6. Add a sitemap. It will popup a small box with a textbox; type sitemapseo.aspx in the textbox
7. Click Send Sitemap. The small box will disappear and a line will be displayed with a small clock.

That's it!

Google will now verify the sitemap and will display the number of pages that are in the sitemap.

You can configure the contents of the sitemap by setting the values (true or false) for the following Settings from nopcommerce > Admin > Configuration > All Settings
SEO.Sitemaps.IncludeCategories  
SEO.Sitemaps.IncludeManufacturers  
SEO.Sitemaps.IncludeProducts  
SEO.Sitemaps.IncludeTopics  
SEO.Sitemaps.OtherPages
14 anni tempo fa
Thank you very much
13 anni tempo fa
I have got this error after I have submitted our nopcommerce sitemap to google:

We encountered an error while trying to access your Sitemap. Please ensure your Sitemap follows our guidelines and can be accessed at the location you provided and then resubmit.

We have the right location and the sitemaps works, what can this mean??
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.