.pdf INVOICING

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 anni tempo fa
In New Zealand, invoices must incorporate our Company GST number (for tax purposes).

How do I add this to the programme?

Thanks
14 anni tempo fa
1. Go to Admin area > Configuration > Tax > Tax Settings.
2. Ensure that "Display tax suffix" is checked
14 anni tempo fa
Many thanks Andrei for your prompt reply. The 'display tax suffix' was already checked.

I will explain in more detail for you. My New Zealand GST (Goods & Services Tax) number is 40-860-401. In order for customers to claim this tax content back, I must display this number on each invoice.

There may be a field that I can somehow add this line in (ie    GST: 40-860-401) to keep the taxman happy!

Thanks
14 anni tempo fa
It'll require some customizatiom. Look at \Libraries\Nop.BusinessLogic\Utils\PDFHelper.cs file (PrintOrderToPDF() method).
14 anni tempo fa
as a very simple solution, find this and add the line in bold -

Section sec = doc.AddSection();

Paragraph p1 = sec.AddParagraph(String.Format(LocalizationManager.GetLocaleResourceString("PDFInvoice.Order#", LanguageID), order.OrderID));
            p1.Format.Font.Bold = true;
            p1.Format.Font.Color = Colors.Black;

sec.AddParagraph(SettingManager.StoreURL.Trim(new char[] { '/' })).AddHyperlink(SettingManager.StoreURL, HyperlinkType.Url);

sec.AddParagraph("GST: 40-860-401");

var addressTable = sec.AddTable();

if you want to customize the invoice more, get more information at http://www.pdfsharp.net/
14 anni tempo fa
Many thanks for your effort & skills to post this reply. Really appreciated!
14 anni tempo fa
haydie wrote:
as a very simple solution, find this and add the line in bold -

Section sec = doc.AddSection();

Paragraph p1 = sec.AddParagraph(String.Format(LocalizationManager.GetLocaleResourceString("PDFInvoice.Order#", LanguageID), order.OrderID));
            p1.Format.Font.Bold = true;
            p1.Format.Font.Color = Colors.Black;

sec.AddParagraph(SettingManager.StoreURL.Trim(new char[] { '/' })).AddHyperlink(SettingManager.StoreURL, HyperlinkType.Url);

sec.AddParagraph("GST: 40-860-401");

var addressTable = sec.AddTable();

if you want to customize the invoice more, get more information at http://www.pdfsharp.net/

Can this be changed directly on site by the end user with no fuss (with a text editor), or do I need to get in a developer to "recompile" the whole project and upload a new "build"?
14 anni tempo fa
you could do it by adding a resource string - it would be accessible through admin > content management > localisation

first go to localisation and add the resouce string

GeneralSalesTax.Text     (or something that suits your scenario better)

set the value   as   the tax number    eg    40-860-401

then add the following line to pdfhelper.cs
sec.AddParagraph("GST : " + LocalizationManager.GetLocaleResourceString("GeneralSalesTax.Text"));

recompile

the tax number can then be changed by then end user anytime at all
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.