Server Timeout when uploading XML local files

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 anni tempo fa
Hi All,

I've got an issue with build 50052 when I upload XML local files.

I get "Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding. "

Although I have changed the <httpRuntime maxRequestLength="51200" executionTimeout="60000"/> to 10 minutes (it definatly times out before that).

I have also tried debugging but the application does not seem to fall over and I can find nothing in the event viewers!

Any help greatly appreciated!
14 anni tempo fa
A Little more information on this:
Message = "Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding."
Source = ".Net SqlClient Data Provider"
Stack Trace =
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(DbAsyncResult result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
   at Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Database.DoExecuteNonQuery(DbCommand command)
   at Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Database.ExecuteNonQuery(DbCommand command)
   at NopSolutions.NopCommerce.DataAccess.Localization.SQLLocaleStringResourceProvider.InsertAllLocaleStringResourcesFromXML(Int32 LanguageID, String xml) in D:\IIS\mystylesports2ml\nopCommerce 1.60\Libraries\Nop.DataAccess.SqlServer\Localization\SQLLocaleStringResourceProvider.cs:line 216
   at NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Localization.LocaleStringResourceManager.InsertAllLocaleStringResourcesFromXML(Int32 LanguageID, String xml) in D:\IIS\mystylesports2ml\nopCommerce 1.60\Libraries\Nop.BusinessLogic\Localization\LocaleStringResourceManager.cs:line 158
   at NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Localization.LocalizationManager.LanguagePackImport(Int32 LanguageID, String content) in D:\IIS\mystylesports2ml\nopCommerce 1.60\Libraries\Nop.BusinessLogic\Localization\LocalizationManager.cs:line 141
   at NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.ExportImport.ImportManager.ImportResources(Int32 LanguageID, String content) in D:\IIS\mystylesports2ml\nopCommerce 1.60\Libraries\Nop.BusinessLogic\ExportImport\ImportManager.cs:line 49
   at NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Administration.Modules.LanguageInfoControl.btnImportResources_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\IIS\mystylesports2ml\nopCommerce 1.60\NopCommerceStore\Administration\Modules\LanguageInfo.ascx.cs:line 155

Any ideas?
14 anni tempo fa
I have just tried extendeing the SQL connection timeout to 1200 also but I still recieve the same error with 32 seconds according to firebug.

Any help greatly apprciated!
14 anni tempo fa
Hi have the same problem.

I broke the file in two parts and it worked fine.

don't forget you need to keep the <Language Name="xxx"> ion the beginnig and the </Language Name> in the end of every part.
14 anni tempo fa
claudiotereso wrote:
Hi have the same problem.

I broke the file in two parts and it worked fine.

don't forget you need to keep the <Language Name="xxx"> ion the beginnig and the </Language Name> in the end of every part.

Thanks, that worked!
14 anni tempo fa
alternatively, you can increase the dbCommand.CommandTimeout in method InsertAllLocaleStringResourcesFromXML (\Libraries\Nop.DataAccess.SqlServer\Localization\SQLLocaleStringResourceProvider.cs,line 212). The default value is 30 seconds. I set this property to 120 and it was good walk around for me.

Regards,
Tom
13 anni tempo fa
hi

if you have that problem easy way to fix take claudio advise split in 2

thanks claudio

andre blouin
13 anni tempo fa
I met this problem, therefore, I impute a wrong xml file which I download before, not same version.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.