Installation Problem---2nd Step

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 anni tempo fa
Hello, I installed Visual Studio 2008 and SQL Server 2005 express on my computer. I have the following questions with 2nd step.

(1) How to fill the textbox of "SQL Server name or IP address"? Should I fill it with "localhost" or computer name?

(2) Do I need create a database on localhost before moving on 2nd step?
On "Server explorer", right click "Data Connections" and click "Create new sql server database..." I saw the same question as I saw in 2nd step of nopCommerce installation.

(3) I tried to fill something in 2nd step and I received the following error message. I have enabled all of the providers in SQL Server 2005 express.

"A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)"

(4) I have problems to upload to my GoDaddy hosting too.

I bought a "nopCommerce 1.50 User Guide". I searched several times, seems the above questions not to be answered in the guide.

Appreciated for the help!
14 anni tempo fa
I found the answer:

localhost/SQLEXPRESS
14 anni tempo fa
I am having the same problem too. I haven't bought the user guide but i was planning to. However before i spend and money, does the user guide gives detailed information on how to use Visual studio to customize the code? PLEASE SOMEONE HELP
14 anni tempo fa
Hey,

try this:
./sqlserverinstance

or
servername/sqlserverinstance
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.