HOW TO (nearly solved): Get Recurring Payments to work with Check / Standing Order Payments.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 anni tempo fa
To the really hard working folk at the NopCommerce Development Team.

Is there any technical / architectural reason why we cannot have 'Check / Money Order' as a Payment Method for Recurring Payments?

This would enable us to sell a service which customers pay for on a recurring basis. However, like a normal product, we would just consolidate the payment manually through the NopCommerce Administration Control Panel.
Clearly we would have to do this on a recurring basis, but it does mean that we would then be able to support payments by Standing Order and Direct Debits.

Very Best Regards
Steve
13 anni tempo fa
Yes, you can implement it. It needs some minor customization
13 anni tempo fa
Hi Andrei,

Can you give any pointers to where I should be looking to do the minor customization?

I am going to try and do this today.

Very Best Regards
Steve
13 anni tempo fa
Look at \Payment\Nop.Payment.Check\CheckPaymentProcessor.cs file
13 anni tempo fa
Hi Andrei,

LITTLE BIT MORE HELP NEEDED

Thanks for the pointer, it really helped.

I changed the following routines, in CheckPaymentProcessor.cs and they appear to work:

public void ProcessRecurringPayment(PaymentInfo paymentInfo, Customer customer, Guid OrderGuid, ref ProcessPaymentResult processPaymentResult)
{
    //was throw new NopException("Recurring payments not supported");

// following line of code added to enable support for Manual Recurring Payments
    processPaymentResult.PaymentStatus = PaymentStatusEnum.Pending;
}

AND...

public RecurringPaymentTypeEnum SupportRecurringPayments
{
    get
    {
        return RecurringPaymentTypeEnum.Manual;
    }
}

QUESTION
Is there any else I might have overlooked or do you think that this might do the trick?

OBJECTIVE
I want to offer Standing Orders as a payment method for Recurring Payments.
Then, (like the Manual Credit Card option), I can manually consolidate the Order when the Standing Order Item is paid.
That is, simply mark the order as paid each month manually.
I think this would be a really useful update to NopCommerce.

Thanks Andrei,

Steve
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.