Building NopCommerce solution and development workflow

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 anni tempo fa
Hello there,

I am adding some features to NopCommerce for a client which requires me to add some classes to the Business Logic and Data-Access layers. I am using Visual Web Developer Express 2010 and am having some issues.

-I added a class "Test.cs" in the BusinessLogic class library project, ran build and the project compiles correctly.
-I added a test.aspx page in the NopCommerceStore web app project instantiating the new class in the BusinessLogic project, ran build and the project compiles correctly.

However, the problem I have is that every time that I add one line of code to each of these files it forces a full build of the site including all the payment projects. This makes for a tedious development process.

My questions are:

1. Is there a way to have it build only the relevant projects for faster development? (AKA without all the payment projects, etc.)

2. I tried creating a separate solution with only the relevant projects, but this requires copy-pasting web.config, altering it to only include relevant configuration, which seems like double-work.

3. Can you give me some insight on the development work-flow you use to speed this up? Am I going about it the wrong way? I am open to any suggestions.

Thank you.
13 anni tempo fa
Update! I actually figured this out through "unload project". Thanks!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.