When exporting orders/customers etc to Excel there is a '(single quota) in front of every value

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 anni tempo fa
When we exporting data to excel the output in excel it show single quota front of every value even in headers.
14 anni tempo fa
I have the same problem.

Anyone know how to fix this?
13 anni tempo fa
sangheraajit, have you solved this issue??

Does anyone now how to fix this?
13 anni tempo fa
Bigal99 wrote:

The leading single quote is to identify the cell as text so Excel doesn't format cells containing only numbers, but aren't numeric (postal codes, phone numbers, addresses, etc.) as numbers. I'm not sure if they can be removed as they are inserted by ADO. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/755621/oledb-writing-excel-cell-without-leading-apostrophe

If you need to remove the leading quote, you could, in Excel, save the exported Excel file as a CSV file to strip the leading quotes and then open the CSV file and save it as an Excel file (for importing). To import, you will need to restore the worksheet name in Excel (saving as a CSV removes the worksheet name).

13 anni tempo fa
mb wrote:
Bigal99 wrote:

The leading single quote is to identify the cell as text so Excel doesn't format cells containing only numbers, but aren't numeric (postal codes, phone numbers, addresses, etc.) as numbers. I'm not sure if they can be removed as they are inserted by ADO. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/755621/oledb-writing-excel-cell-without-leading-apostrophe

If you need to remove the leading quote, you could, in Excel, save the exported Excel file as a CSV file to strip the leading quotes and then open the CSV file and save it as an Excel file (for importing). To import, you will need to restore the worksheet name in Excel (saving as a CSV removes the worksheet name).

Yes i have solved this problem but i changed the code and class to export data to excel.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.