Style guides for nopCommerce open-source project

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 anni tempo fa
Is there offical Documentation\Style guides for contributing to the source code of nopCommerce?

like this:

http://code.google.com/p/google-styleguide/

Also documentation of prefered patterns? e.g for Data Access etc..

Because I would prefer to write something that will be in future versions, so that upgrading will be simplier.
13 anni tempo fa
No, there's no such a guide
13 anni tempo fa
Hi Andrei

Thanks for responding.

Is there any plan for some basic documentation, to help us developers produce code which is suitable to be included into the code base?

I read all the post regarding the Enterprise 'paid for' version... and there seemed to be a mention of making it easier for people to contribute/help?

Look forward to hearing from you
13 anni tempo fa
Lucifer79 wrote:
Is there any plan for some basic documentation, to help us developers produce code which is suitable to be included into the code base?

Unfortunately no
13 anni tempo fa
Hi Andrei

Thanks for responding.

That is a shame.

What can we do to increase our chances of our changes being included in releases?

Thanks
13 anni tempo fa
Andrei,

Isn't that more or less the objective of this task?  Or is it dead?

http://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=7653
13 anni tempo fa
Just create a well-coded module or extension for any of non-assigned tasks here and email source code to me.
13 anni tempo fa
I think you should reconsider this and be a bit more proactive in soliciting community involvement. The benefits are several: engaged people become evangelists for your product, you get coders working for you for free, and the feature set will grow quicker. I'm not suggesting you accept any old rubbish of course, but some developer docs and an undertaking to accept reasonable contributions would be good.

None of this helps you make money in the short term of course but I'm sure there are other open source projects who are making decent money that you can get inspiration from :)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.