Global Settings - 'Sys' is undefined Javascript error

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 anni tempo fa
Good people,

I have recently installed nopCommerce by adding it from the Microsoft Web App galary. It is a Windows 2008 box, hosted professionally and the install all went smoothly.

However, whenever I click administrator, configuration, global settings the page comes up blank and I get the following web browser error 'Sys' is undefined, in globalsettings.aspx

I have tried from various machines with various browsers....

My research suggest this might be related to AJAX and the web config file, can anyone suggest how I might resolve this?

Thanks

Scott
13 anni tempo fa
Problem was fixed by adding IIS7 handlers
13 anni tempo fa
I've just run into the same problem, do you have any details on what IIS7 handlers you added to fix this problem?
13 anni tempo fa
I have now resolved this problem.

In case anyone else runs into this and finds themselves on this page, I found the problem was due to the HTTP Handlers as Scott says.  This problem arose because I created the website in IIS7 using my Plesk Control panel (v9).  The default HTTP Handlers created by this app were pointing to .NET Framework 2.0 DLLs.  The version of NOPCommerce I had installed was 1.7 and this requires HTTP Handlers for .NET Framework 4.0.

To fix, do the following:

- If you installed .NET Framework 4.0 AFTER IIS7:
    - go to a command line prompt
    - change directory to .NET Framework 4.0 folder
      (usually %WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319 or
       if you're using a 64-bit platform, %WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319)
    - run ASPNET_REGIIS -i

- Open IIS Manager
- Navigate to your website using the explorer tree
- Double click 'Handler Mappings' from the IIS features
- On the right hand side of the screen, click on 'Revert to Inherited'

This will ensure that you have the required HTTP Handlers and your problem should go away!

I hope this helps

Regards
Alan
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.