Product Types

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 anni tempo fa
On the Edit Product Details page is a dropdown for Product Types. Where do I create different product types and what is this property designed to achieve?

We need to have an additional way to group products from Categories and neither attributes or specifications are quite what we need.
14 anni tempo fa
This property is not used now
13 anni tempo fa
When is the product Type going to implemented, and what will its function be?

I will be creating an additional type of product in a store I'm currently working on and to do so will be removing several features from the current product. I was simply going to add a bool field to the standard product to denote this new product type and hide options based on this bool. If this is going to be implemented in 1.7 and will provide some of the functionality I'm working on I can wait other wise core files here I come.
13 anni tempo fa
I have a similar problem. I need to classify products into tiers for purposes of calculating commissions.

What I am doing as a work-around is to create categories for each commission classification, but I do not publish the category so it is not visible in the public store. I then assign each product to the appropriate commission category. The unpublished categories are visible on the product page where you assign them to categories. It at least provides a label so when I draw data off the back-end for processing I can easily see which commission category it belongs to.
13 anni tempo fa
Product type property will be removed in the further releases
6 anni tempo fa
Product type is still here Almost 2018.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.