strange behaviour of custom page.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 anni tempo fa
Hi ,

I made a custom page and called it 'balancechecker'
tested it and called it directly like .../balancechecker and it shows the page correctly.

so i added a new topic and gave it a systemname of 'balancechecker and also the title is 'balancechecker'
and added it to the topmenu.
When clicking on this menuitem, the new page shows up.

but after some time, mostly the next day, the balancechecker page is not showing up, but it shows the empty topic page.
and when calling ../balancechecker directly, it shows the empty topic page again.

the only way to get it working again, is uploading the \bin again
but the next day same problem. when i check the files in the \bin, i don't see any strange things.  

anyone  had this same strange behaviour ?
7 anni tempo fa

the next day or few hours later

what i do then is download nop.web.dll and upload it back
7 anni tempo fa
No one?
anyone of the nopcommerce team ?
7 anni tempo fa
Why do you assign the custom page and the Topic with the same URL?
7 anni tempo fa
Clearly this is not THE way  to have this balancecheckeroption in the topmenu.

But still, what is the reason that one moment it is working and then suddenly it isn't  ?
7 anni tempo fa
Without running a full check, I can't give a definite answer, but if you have 2 routes using the same name, I think it is going to cause some problem to the MVC routing.

If you already customized your source code, I don't see why you don't want to just add 1 line of code to include your custom page in the menu?
7 anni tempo fa
yes, i did that finally.
Thanks. i was thinking too difficult on that
7 anni tempo fa
WEIRD ...

this morning,this error shows up :

A route named 'OicBalanceChecker' could not be found in the route collection.
Parameter name: name

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: A route named 'OicBalanceChecker' could not be found in the route collection.
Parameter name: name

Source Error:

Line 43:         var rootCategories = Model.Categories.Where(x => x.IncludeInTopMenu).ToList();
Line 44:     }
Line 45:     @foreach (var category in rootCategories)
Line 46:     {
Line 47:         @RenderCategoryLine(category, 0, false)

in TopMenu.cshtml    Line: 45

so I did an upload of nop.web.dll and it's fine again ...

is that nopcommerce or is that  hostingsettings ?
7 anni tempo fa
It suggests that for some reason, your plugin gets unloaded from time to time. I don't know how you setup your plugin, but it should not unload itself.
7 anni tempo fa
Hi,

I'm still having this issue, can't discover why it is acting his way.

I published the same files to another website, and this one is working just fine.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.