Clean Up Images Folder (and thumb folder)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 anni tempo fa
Howdy, I've been looking and looking on how to clean up the Images folder (and thumb folder) and I'm finding older posts that do not pertain to 3.8 anymore. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to accomplish this? I have around 57,000 items I need to siphon through and get cleaned up (removed).
7 anni tempo fa
For thumb folder, you can just remove all the images inside. Make sure you click "Clear Cache" in nopCommerce admin dashboard after that. :)
7 anni tempo fa
wooncherk wrote:
For thumb folder, you can just remove all the images inside. Make sure you click "Clear Cache" in nopCommerce admin dashboard after that. :)

AWESOME! Are thumbs just built on the fly?
7 anni tempo fa
Yes. :)
7 anni tempo fa
wow 5.21gigs free!! thanks!
7 anni tempo fa
wooncherk wrote:

I have my site set to save files to file system....if I empty my /thumbs folder how can nopCommerce show the images?
Can you tell me....does your method really only work when media settings are configured to save images to database?

Thanks!
7 anni tempo fa
embryo wrote:

I have my site set to save files to file system....if I empty my /thumbs folder how can nopCommerce show the images?
Can you tell me....does your method really only work when media settings are configured to save images to database?

Thanks!

If you delete them,  nop creates them on the fly. And yes. I too use file system. NOT DB  images
7 anni tempo fa
Okay, cool. Thanks for the reply!
But...just so I am clear...how can it "create them on the fly"???
I mean, if they aren't stored as BLOBs, how can nop "create" them? From what "source" will they be derived??
From the parent "/images" folder?
6 anni tempo fa
Hello,

I know this is an old post.  I'm using nopCommerce 3.90 with source.

My Media setting are set to Pictures are stored into... = Database.

After reading this forum thread, I'm still confused about what deleting all the images in the Thumbs folder does.

I deleted about 34,000 images in my Thumbs folder, but I forgot to click the "Clear Cache".

I want to do the delete again.  Will deleting all the image files and then clicking "Clear Cache", keep it from recreating all those images in the Thumbs folder?

Thanks,
Tony
6 anni tempo fa
No. As soon as you delete them they will start to be re created
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.