Help setting up products

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 anni tempo fa
Good evening,

I have read the documentation but could not setup this scenario:

Brand: Apple, Samsung
Model: Iphone 5, S5

All possible combinations would be Apple - > Iphone 5 or Samsung - S5

I have setup Brand and Model as 2 Product Attributes and Specification Attributes.

Setup all possible combinations on Attributes Combinations but when I select Apple it does not filter the second dropdown to only have Iphone 5.

What am I doing wrong here ?

Thanks in advance
7 anni tempo fa
legollas007 wrote:
Good evening,

I have read the documentation but could not setup this scenario:

Brand: Apple, Samsung
Model: Iphone 5, S5

All possible combinations would be Apple - > Iphone 5 or Samsung - S5

I have setup Brand and Model as 2 Product Attributes and Specification Attributes.

Setup all possible combinations on Attributes Combinations but when I select Apple it does not filter the second dropdown to only have Iphone 5.

What am I doing wrong here ?

Thanks in advance

I think without checking your setup it is difficult to say where your missing.
7 anni tempo fa
Hello again and thanks for your answer.

Maybe some pictures would help to understand the setup:

7 anni tempo fa
You need to use conditional product attributes to make the value of one attribute dependant on another. Click on the View/Edit condition link for the model attribute shown on your last image.

legollas007 wrote:
7 anni tempo fa
Edit: double post
7 anni tempo fa
Hello petemich,

That does not work because the condition is that if I select lets say "Apple" the Model dropdown will appear otherwise it will not appear but that is not what I want.

What I want is if I select "Apple" in the first dropdown. "Iphone 5" should be the only option in the Model dropdown.

This is my problem:

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks
7 anni tempo fa
legollas007 wrote:
That does not work because the condition is that if I select lets say "Apple" the Model dropdown will appear otherwise it will not appear but that is not what I want.

So you create two product attributes, one called Apple models and one called Samsung models. You make the display of the Apple models attribute dependant on the selection of the Apple brand option and the Samsung models attribute dependant on the selection of the Samsung brand option.
7 anni tempo fa
Hello petemitch

That seems to work thanks, but why do we have the "Attribute Combinations" then ?

I thought this was to calculate all possible combinations and filter the selections.

Thanks
7 anni tempo fa
legollas007 wrote:
That seems to work thanks, but why do we have the "Attribute Combinations" then ?

So you can manage stock at the product attribute combination level.
7 anni tempo fa
That makes sense.

Thanks for your help!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.