Install nopCommerce in root without virtual directory

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 anni tempo fa
Perhaps it's on my end but can anyone lay out for me the process of installing nopcommerce without a virtual directory? I initially installed it on my server but my site url would always contain www.autokraftparts.com/nopcommerce/. Of course, I'm looking to see just autokraftparts.com

Thanks.
7 anni tempo fa
That really depends on how is your server setup, it has nothing to do with nopCommerce. :)
7 anni tempo fa
We're using Windows Edition 2012 R2 Standard edition server.
7 anni tempo fa
Yeah, then it really has to do with how your IIS websites is setup. :)
7 anni tempo fa
JoeyAK wrote:
We're using Windows Edition 2012 R2 Standard edition server.

Just OS is not enough information to provide answer to your question about virtual directory.

I would just like to clarify one thing - Are you looking to install nopCommerce without virtual directory because in your situation virtual directory name is coming in the URL "/nopcommerce/"?
7 anni tempo fa
L.K wrote:
I would just like to clarify one thing - Are you looking to install nopCommerce without virtual directory because in your situation virtual directory name is coming in the URL "/nopcommerce/"?

Correct.
7 anni tempo fa
JoeyAK wrote:

Correct.

Ok - So, this has nothing to do with nopCommerce. It is totally based on the way you have configured the site in IIS.

Can you provide where you have uploaded nopCommerce files and folders on your machine / server? What is the URL / Path on the drive?
7 anni tempo fa
I think it's the difference between using the nopCommerce installer and installing the platform manually - which I just did. Files are now in root and not inside a 'nopCommerce' folder.
7 anni tempo fa
JoeyAK wrote:
I think it's the difference between using the nopCommerce installer and installing the platform manually - which I just did. Files are now in root and not inside a 'nopCommerce' folder.

Just clarifying one thing - Your nopCommerce files are in "c:\inetpub\wwwroot" and you are still getting "nopcommerce" in the URL when you browse your site, correct?

Could you please go to IIS > Default web site > Properties > Home Directory > Local Path

What do you have there?
7 anni tempo fa
On the server we moved the nopCommerce directory from its default subdirectory folder "nopcommerce" under the Default Website. Then we made separate application for it. I am attempting to explain what our technical director is telling me. Hopefully this makes sense. So now:

autokraftparts.com/

and not:

autokraftparts.com/nopcommerce/
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.