The specified email already exists....?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 anni tempo fa
I'm trying to register a new user and it says the specified email already exists.  I can't seem to find where it exists.  I've checked the Orders, I've checked the Customers, and I've checked the Newsletter subscribers.  Search returns no one with this email address.

And when I choose Password Recovery and type in this email address, it return with an "Email not found."

So, I'm wondering which table is the Registration and Password Recovery checking to determine that the email address already exists?  Or is not found?

I'm on nopCommerce 3.80.

-Freddy
7 anni tempo fa
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/13990/email-already-exists-after-deleting-customer.aspx
7 anni tempo fa
Tecnofin wrote:

Thank you Eduardo.  I thought that this may be what's happening.  So with a soft delete, the database will grow in size.  Is there a way to purge these soft deleted records through the admin interface?  

I'd rather not have to go into the database and do it.

The customersettings.suffixdeletedcustomers is a useful workaround.

Another question:  A customer registers but does not activate their account because they did not receive the activation email.  The customer tries to do a password recovery, and the email address is not found. In this instance, what is happening?  Does password recovery only work for Registered customers?

Last question:  Is the newsletter list different than the customer list with regards to users and customers?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.