Custom Shipping Rates

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 anni tempo fa
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking at migrating my online business (drop shipping) to Nop e-commerce platform. However, I'm facing a roadblock  at the moment and it's seems like I'm the only who's looking for a custom shipping rates functionality.

So my requirements are:

Seller/Vendor should be able to specify custom shipping cost for his/her products.

In example.

Adding Product A

COST    DETAILS
$.5 -->  Postage (within the country)
$1 -->  Rural Address  (within the country)
$2 -->  Courier (within the country)
$3 -->  Australia
$4 --> Canada
$5 --> Rest of the world

Adding Product B

COST    DETAILS
$1 -->  Postage (within the country)
$3 -->  Rural Address  (within the country)
$2 -->  Courier (within the country)
$1 -->  Australia
$3 --> Canada
$4 --> Rest of the world

I believe the current shipping rate is calculated by weight and Height, Width and Depth.

Can anyone please guide me on how to achieve this? Is this an easy thing to do? What are the complexities?

I have knowledge on creating plugins, forms, widgets but I'm just not sure where to start.

Thanks in advance!
6 anni tempo fa
I'm not aware of any Plugin that allows the Vendor to (himself) set up their own shipping methods/rates.  Vendors can use the product's Additional Shipping Charge field, but it is a fixed rate, and does not differ based on destination.

The problem/complexity of Vendor specific shipping configuration is because nopCommerce only allows a single shipping method/rate to be selected in the checkout process. I.e. If a cart contains items from multiple vendors, then only one set of methods/rates would appear.   Any attempt at customization to solve the issue either needs to break the cart into multiple "Orders", or have the concept of some type of child orders (groups of products).  Having multiple orders has the problem of having multiple Payment methods.
6 anni tempo fa
Thanks for replying and appreciate it.

I didn't know that this is going to be an issue and thought this is going to be easy that implementing this custom cost shipping involves a lot of changes in the system. There's this buy and sell online called Trademe.co.nz which is very popular in New Zealand that they do this type of custom shipping rates.

As you can see below, the vendor can add shipping options as many as they like for their customer and I am trying to replicate this.

6 anni tempo fa
And what happens in the checkout when there are products from multiple vendors in the cart?

(Seems odd that they would specify Payment methods per product.  Is that page for a single product or does it apply to all the vendor's products?)
6 anni tempo fa
That applies to a single product for a specific vendor.

Here's what's happened if I attempt to add to cart two different products from different vendors. The shipping cost is independent of each vendor.

6 anni tempo fa
And who of the 2 vendors is going to get paid? If both accept ard will there be to debits to the card, one for each vendor. And what happens  when the vendors accept different payment methods?
6 anni tempo fa
Since both products have different shipping methods and vendors, they'll be paid separately once checkout.

I believe this is similar to ebay?

However in my case, all transactions and payments will go directly to one account which is the store owners account regardless of their shipping methods/vendors being different. Vendors will be paid by store owner manually.
6 anni tempo fa
Ok, currently in nop there is not such functionality available for vendor.

it required customization on vendor & shipping , order processing functionality
6 anni tempo fa
jake1234 wrote:

However in my case, all transactions and payments will go directly to one account which is the store owners account regardless of their shipping methods/vendors being different. Vendors will be paid by store owner manually.

In that case maybe Shipping Director plugin can help you to set different shipping costs per vendor.
6 anni tempo fa
Even Shipping Director won't allow the Vendor to set up their own set of shipping providers to offer.  I'm currently working with a client to customize for a similar need, but he's decided that products from only one vendor can exist in the cart.  (I.e. the vendors can choose the Shipping Providers they want to offer, but not the 'methods', e.g. Ground, Next Day, etc. However, a customer must checkout with only one vendor's products at a time.)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.