Date range price increase

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 anni tempo fa
Hi,

I own a florist in the US and have been looking at implementing nopCommerce rather than paying massive hosting and per order fees to Teleflora. I have no coding skills but have changed CSS of Default Clean to my liking.

I'm starting to add products to the database, but have just thought of something that Teleflora provide that I would like to implement in nopCommerce, but I can't see if this is possible without a plugin.

On a major floral holiday such as Valentine's Day, flower prices increase from wholesalers, so we uplift finished arrangement prices. Teleflora has the ability to set a holiday price upgrade amount as a product field, e.g. +$10. They then have a global feature that allows the holiday price to be active between a delivery date range. When a customer orders a product for delivery between a certain holiday date, they see the price change on the date picker

Tier prices almost work except that I would have to change the date range every year/every holiday for every affected product (not all are increased), and the price increase would be effective on the order date not delivery date.

Any ideas using out of the box nopCommerce, or know of any off the shelf plugin that may allow this functionality? (budget won't stretch to a custom solution I don't think).

Thanks,
Mike
6 anni tempo fa
Tier prices almost work except that I would have to change the date range every year/every holiday for every affected product (not all are increased), and the price increase would be effective on the order date not delivery date.

So what is your ideal case to handle this? Perhaps you can list out your criteria so that we can provide better advice? :)

6 anni tempo fa
Ideal case would be:

Extra product field : Holiday Upgrade Price: "Enter uplift amount, e.g +$10"

Some sort of global setting that sets:
Holiday Name:
Date range for price increase:
Active by: Order Date or Delivery Date

On checkout, if order or delivery date is in between the holiday date range, the new product price is updated. There should be a customer message that says " Due to holiday increases in flower costs, the arrangement price is increased for the date selected"

To see this in operation on our current site, go to www.hayesflorist.net, search for product 1DZRED
I have set a holiday price date range active for delivery date of tomorrow. You will see that a "Choose your delivery date on holiday" box has appeared (not there when no active holiday date range). The price changes for delivery date tomorrow.

I will have to remove this in a few hours!!

Mike
6 anni tempo fa
This requires customization. Don't think there's any plugin for this. :)
6 anni tempo fa
How do you plan to handle "select a delivery date"  (in your current site, I see that other products besides you test product don't have a dropdown).  

(Products Attributes support 'additional charge', but it would still be a lot of manual set up.)
6 anni tempo fa
Maybe you can take advantage of a plugin for sales campaigns.
https://www.nopcommerce.com/p/1404/nop-sales-campaigns-nop-templatescom.aspx

That plugin allows you to schedule when sale prices automatically begin and end...and you can schedule multiple sales at different times per year with differing prices ..all for the same product or for different products.

You'd just have to do it in reverse since it's a premium you are charging during the "sale"..regular price is your sale price, and sale price is your regular price...

Steve
6 anni tempo fa
Mmm, thanks Steve, that's great thinking out the box. I'll take a look at that functionality.

Mike
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.