What is the best way to use a CDN for images with nopCommerce?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 anni tempo fa
We are about to launch our e-commerce site built with nopCommerce, but we're struggling with speed -- in some cases, pages take 15-20 seconds to load.  We would like to try serving our images with a CDN.  We do this for our other websites and it really improves page load times.

What are the best ideas for serving images with CDN in nopCommerce?  I see there are several plugins: which is best or easiest to use?  We currently subscribe to Adobe Scene 7, so we intend to store our e-commerce images there.

Any insight is appreciated.  

Thanks!

Jeremy
6 anni tempo fa
[email protected] wrote:

What are the best ideas for serving images with CDN in nopCommerce?  I see there are several plugins: which is best or easiest to use?  We currently subscribe to Adobe Scene 7, so we intend to store our e-commerce images there.

To integrate CDN with nopCommerce using plugin, you need to override picture service!
Or you can try nopAccelerate CDN plugin which is completely free and it makes your job easy.
6 anni tempo fa
Try this nopCommerce CDN Enabler. (It uses PULL zone).

6 anni tempo fa
Divyang wrote:

To integrate CDN with nopCommerce using plugin, you need to override picture service!

Can you provide me with some insight as to how this would be accomplished?
6 anni tempo fa
[email protected] wrote:

Can you provide me with some insight as to how this would be accomplished?

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/postnew.aspx?topicid=17601&quotepostid=71862

a.m. wrote:
Simply inherit your Nop.Plugin.Misc.ImageNew.Services.PictureService from default Nop.Services.Media.PictureController and override required methods
6 anni tempo fa
Good morning!

Our lead dev had me do this directly in the PictureService because the nopAccelerate site appeared to be down and there was no trial of the other plugin.  We are adding a CDNUrl generic attribute.  Then in the controller, we allow the code to get the image like normal, but then if it contains certain text in the file name or  a generic attribute that matches the one we specify, we replace the URL with the one from the CDN.  It's shaving 2-4 seconds off each of our page loads, so it's turning out to be a pretty good use of our time.

Thanks for the ideas here!  

Jeremy
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.