Hide a few products but with shareable URLs ?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 anni tempo fa
Hello
I would like to know if its possible to hide a few products on my nopcommerce site but still be able to share the URL to specific individuals.  These individuals would still need to be able to add to cart though.
Also i would need these few products to NOT be accessible through any categories or manufactures pages as well.
6 anni tempo fa
dcarn wrote:
Hello
I would like to know if its possible to hide a few products on my nopcommerce site but still be able to share the URL to specific individuals.  These individuals would still need to be able to add to cart though.
Also i would need these few products to NOT be accessible through any categories or manufactures pages as well.

You'll have to use the ACL permissions to accomplish this.
When you create these products that are available to specific individuals, you'll assign them using the ACL permissions. They are available when you are in editing a product in advanced mode.

First, create new "Customer roles" admin >> Customers >> Customer Roles

e.g.  
new role name:  CanBuyProductX

Then edit the products and assign them to only customers in the new, special role and the administrative role. As long as the product doesn't allow "Guest" and "Registered Customer" roles, it will not be visible in any other public pages unless the currently logged on customer is in the special role, or the administrator role.

Oh, and of course, you'll have to manually edit any customer in which you want to also be in the new special role.
One option is to create a duplicate product, but with buy button disabled...and add a message within the long description of the product saying it's available for purchase only by registered customers AND with prior authorization. Also in the description, include a link to the contact page...then you can add the role to this customer when they contact you and send them a private message or contact from admin system to give them the link to the product page for this product that does NOT have buy button disabled and is limited to the new special role.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.