INVOICE when order status is "sent"

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 anni tempo fa
Hi,

I d like to know if it's currently possible to have the invoice created when the order status is "sent"

The problem is when an order is not complete , an invoice number is created whereas the sale is not done.

Invoice numbers are not therefore consecutive.
In France , invoice numbers must be consécutives without blanks.
If the invoice was created when the order status is sent, the problem is solved.

Thanks
6 anni tempo fa
An order's status will change several different times during the process.
Upon customer checkout, the order status becomes "Processing"...unless it is not paid during checkout. If not paid, it is "Pending." Once the order has been fulfilled and shipment is sent, the status becomes "Complete." The only other status is "Canceled"

The status that is "Sent" is a Shipment Status...it is not directly connected to the order, because any order might have multiple shipments.

"Invoice numbers" are actually the order ID number, and they will be in ascending order, though not necessarily consecutively, as some orders are started and never completed.

If your problem is that you are required by law to issue invoices to customers which are in a consecutive order, then you must generate/prepare invoices for your customers manually using your own numeric order for the invoices. You can use any word processor for that.

You might also suggest this as a feature enhancement for the next version:
"Allow admins to specify to use incremental invoice numbering instead of the order ID"

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/f/7/suggestions-and-feedback.aspx
6 anni tempo fa
Hi,
Very clear answer thanks.
My problem is in deed having consecutive invoice numbers.
Having the invoice automatically generated by nop is veyr confortable.
Making manually another invoice for each order is a pain.

Isn t it possible to have the invoice created when the status is "paid" then?To avoid "false" invoice numbers by unpaid orders?
6 anni tempo fa
nopCommerce 3.90 introduced a CustomOrderNumber field on the Order.  However, to get the functionality you want would probably require creating a plugin that handled the OrderPaid event to update its value.  (Or, I suppose you could create a trigger in SQL too ;)
6 anni tempo fa
I think solving the consecutive order problem is vital for european users.
I hope this feature will be add soon to nop commerce
6 anni tempo fa
vintagebike wrote:
Hi,
Very clear answer thanks.
My problem is in deed having consecutive invoice numbers.
Having the invoice automatically generated by nop is veyr confortable.
Making manually another invoice for each order is a pain.

Isn t it possible to have the invoice created when the status is "paid" then?To avoid "false" invoice numbers by unpaid orders?

Again..."Paid" is not an ORDER status, but a PAYMENT status...
No, that won't work because a "Pending" order could be paid at any point in time...converting it to "Complete" a week or two or three after the order date...so the number is still valid for them.

The simplest solution, though imperfect, is to just print the invoice that nop generates, but then paste a small label with your special invoice number over the printed invoice number...

You can buy sheets of small adhesive labels...set up a document in your word processor to print incremental numbers onto each label...it will work as a temporary solution without much extra work.

Did you make the suggestion on the suggestions forum?? Nothing good gets added if not requested.
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/f/7/suggestions-and-feedback.aspx
6 anni tempo fa
Quite a clever answer but still not really doable as I send the invoices generated by nop to my accountant.

having labels printed is like having a double accountancy.

In french rights (probably same in all Europe), an invoice but be genererated when the parcel is sent.
That's the moment when the invoice but be done, not before , not after.

If you buy something on amazon (at least in France , but I'd be curious to know how it is in the US), you won't be able to get your invoice before your order is sent.

I'll open a thread in the "suggestion forum"
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.