Adding a custom product field or change the name of default product field.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 anni tempo fa
Hey,
I have a necessity where either i have to create a new product field or else change the name of default product field. Is there a way by which i could change the name of GTIN field or manufacturer part number field to any other name. For ex if i want that instead of gtin text it start showing "Job Number" while adding a product.
6 anni tempo fa
There is nothing special about the GTIN number, so there should be no problem with just changing the field label in the view.

At about line 605 in the /Administration/Views/Product/_CreateOrUpdate.info.cshtml, look for this code:
                    <div class="form-group @(Model.ProductEditorSettingsModel.GTIN ? null : "advanced-setting")">
                        <div class="col-md-3">
                            @Html.NopLabelFor(model => model.Gtin)
                        </div>
                        <div class="col-md-9">
                            @Html.NopEditorFor(model => model.Gtin)
                            @Html.ValidationMessageFor(model => model.Gtin)
                        </div>
                    </div>

You need to replace the bolded line with this:
Job Number:

The only thing I can think of that it would ultimately effect is that if you submit a product feed to google products(adwords), the value sent to them for the GTIN would not be a real GTIN, but you could just submit your product feed to them with an additional column containing the GTIN, or pass-through a "False" value for the "identifier_exists" column.
6 anni tempo fa
For changing the name of a field just edit its corresponding resource string value. You can add unlimited number fields as product specifications
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.