Concept for "items per package" problem

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 anni tempo fa
Hi,

I have the following situation:
* We're selling Packages of golf balls.
* A package can either contain 12, 15 18 or 24 golf balls.

What I want to achive is: I want to primarily show the *price per golf ball*, not the price per package. The reasons are:
* Prices should be comparable between a package of 12 balls and a package of 15 balls
* Prices should be comparable with competition (who all list their prices per ball)

How to achieve this:
* Create a "Specification-Attribute" which contains the number of items (balls) per package.
* Then I could modify nopCommerce price calculation code to add "PricePerItem" field calculate it as "Price"/"ItemsPerPackage". In the appropriate views (overview page, details page) I prominently show the "PricePerItem" price instead of the regular price.

In fact, I've already implemented this in nopCommerce 2.40, but now while migrating this to nopCommerce 3.90, I am revisiting if there isn't a better (out-of-the-box) solution for that kind of problem.

Is there a build-in concept for this? Are there plugins? Would it be possible to implement what I described as plugin, rather than fumbling around in the source code directly?

Thanks,
-Christoph
6 anni tempo fa
Try Grouped Product with Variants in which you include te cost per ball in the variant name-  Example: Package with 15 balls ( $3.00 per ball)
6 anni tempo fa
You can also use PAngV price option to display price per ball
6 anni tempo fa
"PAngV": sounds about right. However:
* It can only relate to weight (kg/gramm). In my case I'd like to relate to "pieces per package". (could this be extended?)
* It does not auto-calculate. Price per "piece" needs to be entered separately. We're maintaining thousands of products, so that's very cumbersome.
* It does not show in listings page (only in details page)
* Does not work for Tiered prices.

"include te cost per ball in the variant name":
* Well, the problem here is not grouping different variants together. It's rather to put the "price per piece" prominently to improve comparability. Of course we could also just put the price into the title. But again, this isn't very maintainable and does not work for tiered prices.

Basically, this is what I would like to have: http://golfsport.at/en/c/43/logo-golfb%C3%A4lle

What would you recommend I could solve this?
* PR to nopcommerce to add this feature
* Write a plugin (would this be feasible to add as plugin?)
* Patch my sourcecode for my own project (I did this previously and it now causes me upgrade-headaches).

Thanks for your suggestions.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.