Category Shortcut Possibility?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 anni tempo fa
Hello,

Quick question (I know it's probably not easily doable but I figured I'd ask)...

Is there a possibility to somehow create a shortcut to a specific category when in the category/product catalog list which isn't directly nested?

We sell auto parts on our website. So, for example, let's say that we have 10-15 different categories for Cold Air Intake systems (each category is for a specific vehicle range). Now, each cold air intake system regardless of vehicle application uses the same service kit for servicing the air filter. Instead of creating several duplicate sub-categories for Service Kits in every single Air Intake category (like we do now), I wanted to somehow create just one category for Service Kits and have a dummy subcategory set up inside each Cold Air Intake category as a link which would forward it to the single Service Kit category.

I know I probably didn't explain it very well, but if anyone understood what I was asking and has any suggestions then that would be much appreciated :)

Thanks!
Travis
6 anni tempo fa
I read it several times and still not sure I understand...
It SOUNDS like you could be just configuring the service kits as stand-alone simple products, like the air intakes, and then setting your air intakes up with variants using product attributes with price adjustments.
Then the customer could choose just the air intake, or the air intake with the appropriate service kit on the same page.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.