Problems doing bulk import from excel

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 anni tempo fa
Hi all,

I have been having major problems importing from excel in NOP 3.90. Even the smallest change results in a 'Sequence contains no matching element' error, and most new products will not be entered. I also had several imports that came up with a full-page 'system failure' message as well!

A change as simple as deleting some product attributes on a product that is already in the database causes the 'Sequence contains no matching element'error.

It has also returned errors of missing categories for categories that are actually there.

The main issue seems to be with product attributes & I have a few duplicates in there. The user interface doesn't seem to have any means of deleting these as they don't show up in the main product attributes list, so it would appear I need to delete all products that use any of these and then delete them manually. However, I am concerned that this will cause the whole database to stop functioning.

- Has anyone had a similar problem?
- Will manually deleting product attributes cause a catastrophic failure?

Help!
6 anni tempo fa
Replying to my own post...

The problem was twofold:

1. Sloppy coding when inserting new items into the upload sheet
2. Some categories did not match the category title in the database exactly - one or two had errant spaces, and others had a capital letter missing. The comparison between the items in the upload sheet and the items in the database is case-sensitive.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.