Recommended setup for 9-10 nopcommerce sites on a VM? How much power do we need?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 anni tempo fa
Hello.

We have about 9-10 sites in azure now using web apps. The performance is awful for nopcommerce. One site had a sale yesterday with 100 concurrent users. Took down 1 large service plan easily. We are thinking about migrating to a VM.

Lets say every site has 50-100 concurrent users, how much power would one need? And what about when the sites have "normal traffic", about 10 users per sites?
6 anni tempo fa
Well first of all I think the question is how is your App Service setup?  What tier and specs on your app service plan? How are you doing storage? Where is your database? Are all your resources in the same region (same data center)?

Remember if you do a VM and go to IaaS then you take responsibility for the OS, security, load balancing etc.  There are costs you aren't thinking about.  LoadBalancing, Network Intrusion detection, virtual network etc.  You get all that out of the box on an AppService.
6 anni tempo fa
phuff34 wrote:
Well first of all I think the question is how is your App Service setup?  What tier and specs on your app service plan? How are you doing storage? Where is your database? Are all your resources in the same region (same data center)?

Remember if you do a VM and go to IaaS then you take responsibility for the OS, security, load balancing etc.  There are costs you aren't thinking about.  LoadBalancing, Network Intrusion detection, virtual network etc.  You get all that out of the box on an AppService.

We have been using a shared db pool of 200dtu,and 1-2 large web apps hosting all 8 sites. They are in the same resource (West europe).

I know VM means more reponsebility, but from what ive read on the forum a db and website in one VM is a lot faster than a webapp for nopcommerce.

Do you know it thats the case?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.