A2 hosting and Nopcommerce 4.0

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
5 anni tempo fa
I think the most valuable answer will give @A2Hosting_Liaison, I agree with @Sizzler, because on each plan I found information that the only .NET Core 2.0 is supported.

@dvukovic1 Could you share with us your way of installing?

Best,
Patryk
5 anni tempo fa
Hi,

I recommend you A2hosting_liason user, here in Nop forum. He helped me every time, whenever I faced a problem with A2 and Nop.

Regards,
Dario
5 anni tempo fa
nop4you wrote:
I think the most valuable answer will give @A2Hosting_Liaison, I agree with @Sizzler, because on each plan I found information that the only .NET Core 2.0 is supported.

Best,
Patryk

Hi Patryk,
Yes, of course I want to share :-)

on A2hosting
1. create new website
2. create blank MS SQL database

on localhost
3. install fresh Nop 4.10 on your localhost with new database
After install is complete ...
4. create backup (export dump) from your local database, and you will get data.bak or similar

on A2hosting
5. copy all data from localhost website folder to your website folder on A2hosting
6. import dump (e.g. data.bak) to your blank database on A2hosting
7. update dataSettings.json in AppData folder, according to connection info in your database

After that, your Nop 4.10 should be running. Don't forget to customize other settings in admin area.

I hope that helps :-)

If you have some additional questions, fell free to contact
5 anni tempo fa
I think this has now been resolved

We have a new test store 4.1 on A2 - they did the install and everything worked fine so far.  Is anyone else still having issues?
5 anni tempo fa
update, I Could not get multi-store V4.1 to work on A2 , little to no help from support.  Main store and database worked correctly and as it should. Could not get the data/products to work correctly.

An example was that we created a product to display only on store 2, everything but this product was displayed on that store. Everything else worked, the product that was limited to store 1 would also display on store 2. The HOST values are set correctly in Nop and all Cname records and domains looked to be pointed properly.

It would be really nice if some of the NOP hosting partners had some better documentation on this. It is almost as they know nothing about the product.
5 anni tempo fa
Sizzler wrote:
I am glad to say that is not true, since I installed Nop 4.10 on A2 hosting with no problem.

It is working as it should.

That's good news, and somewhat peculiar. I was hoping to upgrade our 4.0 solution to 4.1 and host it with them. I contacted both A2 hosting technical support and A2 sales, and both confirmed that they don't offer .Net Core 2.1. They also told me that they can't tell me when it will be available.  Not quite sure what to make of this now.

I got the same answer by their support.
Can anyone confirm able to run new instance of NopCommerce v4.10 on A2Hosting Shared Hosting?
5 anni tempo fa
extrem23 wrote:

I got the same answer by their support.
Can anyone confirm able to run new instance of NopCommerce v4.10 on A2Hosting Shared Hosting?

Hi,

Please share more information about the issue.

A2Hosting windows shared hosting does support nop 4.1 version.
5 anni tempo fa
dvukovic1 wrote:
Hi,

I recommend you A2hosting_liason user, here in Nop forum. He helped me every time, whenever I faced a problem with A2 and Nop.

Regards,
Dario

Thank you Dario for the feedback!

Yes - I am available to help users on this forums :)
5 anni tempo fa
nop4you wrote:

Best,
Patryk

Hi Patryk and other users,

A2Hosting shared windows hosting server does support .NET CORE 2.1 which is required to run nopCommerce 4.1.

Please let me know if you have any questions and I will be more than happy to help and answer your questions.
5 anni tempo fa
A2Hosting_Liaison wrote:
Hi,

Regards,
Dario

Thank you Dario for the feedback!

Yes - I am available to help users on this forums :)

Hi A2Hosting_Liaiso,

I am facing an issue in setting up my website on a2hosting (shared hosting). The Nop version is 4.0.
I am done with following things:

1. upload project files
2. create a new database
3. Restore database using the dump file (.bak)
4. Change the connection strings with remote server settings provided by a2hosting.
5. Specifying the project path in hosting settings

Still it throws an error : http://prntscr.com/l75u0l

Can you please help?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.