How to change menu options?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 anni tempo fa
How can I change some of the fixed menu options? We are putting up a test site at http://yourtestsite83.com and the menu bar is overflowing (using the default theme, after we added forums). We'd like to change HOME PAGE to Home, Remove New Products, Remove Search (it is already on the menu bar).

Thanks,
Patrick
13 anni tempo fa
Alot of the home page and etc can be removed in the localization settings. As for "Forums" making things wonky, you'll need to edit Styles.css and move things around. But try Shortening Home page to home and that might fix it for you.
13 anni tempo fa
THe localization looks like it let's you change the verbiage of a link. But completely remove it.

Which reminds me - we need a link to be able to search or section localizations. All that we have right now is pages and pages of localizations.
13 anni tempo fa
patrick24601 wrote:
How can I change some of the fixed menu options? We are putting up a test site at http://yourtestsite83.com and the menu bar is overflowing (using the default theme, after we added forums). We'd like to change HOME PAGE to Home, Remove New Products, Remove Search (it is already on the menu bar).

Thanks,
Patrick

The text "Home page" can be changed by changing the localization string named "Content.HomePage" via Administration  >   Content Management   >   Localization  > (select your language).

If you want to disable the New Products feature completely (removes the link and disables the page), you can uncheck the option "'Recently added products' enabled:" in Administration > Configuration > Global Settings > Other (tab).

To remove the "New Products" link (page is still enabled) and "Search" link from the menu bar, edit file: Modules\HeaderMenu.ascx and delete or comment out the following code:

the New Products link:

<% if (ProductManager.RecentlyAddedProductsEnabled)
   { %>
<li><a href="<%=Page.ResolveUrl("~/recentlyaddedproducts.aspx")%>">
    <%=GetLocaleResourceString("Products.NewProducts")%></a> </li>
<%} %>

the Search link:

<li><a href="<%=Page.ResolveUrl("~/search.aspx")%>">
<%=GetLocaleResourceString("Search.Search")%></a> </li>

Save the page and refresh the browser to see the changes.

13 anni tempo fa
Thanks . Perfect. I looked all over for headermenu. Didn't expect it in modules :)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.