Hello All,
Could someone who knows the inner workings of nopCommerce please give me a tip or two on how to start addressing this problem I have. Here are the details...

The Dev server spec is...
Windows Server 2003 and IIS 6.0
2gig RAM
2.5Ghz CPU
nopCommerce 1.6 with 40,000 Products (180,000 Product Variants) loaded
SQL Express 2008 R2

With a couple of thousand products in nop it really flies. In fact I just love everything about this application. But with the full catalog, performance is not too good.

From clicking on Category link (call it category X), the request takes 10 seconds to complete. Now, given the spec of the dev server, this may indeed be not too bad, and I've yet to perform this test on our live server (dedicated). However, I would like to cut this time in half at this point if that's possible.

SQLServer takes about 6 seconds (tested in Management Studio) to execute the stored proc (ProductsLoadAllPaged) that generates the results for the Category page, and IIS takes about 4 seconds to do it's part.

I would expect there to be a way to cache the dataset for each category, but I can't find it.

Does anyone have any tips or guidance on what I can look into next? Any help will be very much appreciated.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

Regards

Rob