New here, which version to use?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 anni tempo fa
Hey folks, i'm taking the leap and using nopCommerce as my shopping cart so no doubt i'll be a regular here from now on. :)

Thing is, I'd like to use a theme but from what I can see there are none for the new 1.7.

So, should I install an earlier version and wait until themes are available for 1.7?  Or install 1.7 and try to customise it myself?
13 anni tempo fa
flamingmouse wrote:
Hey folks, i'm taking the leap and using nopCommerce as my shopping cart so no doubt i'll be a regular here from now on. :)

Thing is, I'd like to use a theme but from what I can see there are none for the new 1.7.

So, should I install an earlier version and wait until themes are available for 1.7?  Or install 1.7 and try to customise it myself?

welcome to nopCommerce community

As of now, there is no theme available for 1.7 version. You can wait if you want, But instead of waiting you can install 1.7nopcommerce and you will get 2 basic themes by default in the project which you can changes from your admin section.

Which ever you like the most, you can start doing modifications in that theme according to your requirement.

Here's the location:
NopCommercStore Folder /App_Theme/Select any theme that you like / style.css (you can make modification in this stylesheet)
13 anni tempo fa
You might want to consider which versions of ASP .Net your webserver supports. 1.7 needs ASP .Net 4. You may need to consider versions of Visual Studio if you are planning on doing customisation, 1.7 needs VS 2010
13 anni tempo fa
flamingmouse wrote:

Themes for version 1.50 will work with version 1.60 and 1.70, but will be missing style declarations for new features added in these versions (such as product tags). Themes created for 1.40 will not work for newer versions of nopCommerce.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.