Greetings all,

I've recently stumbled upon NOP, my previous ecommerce experiences have been with x-cart, ecwid, prestashop, zen-cart and oscommerce.
I currently am running a site with x-cart +addons  - but will soon have to do a new shop (hence this post)
With x-cart (it can be very complex) and has lots of add ons - which although good make the config get very complex.

I've just read the spec - and every box seems to be ticked as far as I can tell

Are there any areas that need improvement and are planned in future releaes , are there any areas which NOP knocks out  it's rivals or vice verse.  I dont want a slanging match - I just want to try and work if there are any killer reasons why I would consider jumping ship for my next project.  

I have always used LAMP type apps previously for web projects, mainly due to the plethora of open source and highly supported apps available.  My day job I use nothing but MS products - mainly windows server, exchange and system center essentials
All opinions welcome - am I looking at a steep learning curve for no actual benefit - other than to say I used and setup NOP