1.70 running Medium Trust

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 anni tempo fa
Hello,

I installed nopCommerce 1.70 successfully on my dev environment running IIS 7 with the latest .Net 4.0.  The trust level is set to Medium trust because we are trying to mimic a shared hosting environment. Install works just fine, and I can browse the site just fine.

However when I log into the admin and try to add a product and save it, I get security errors.

[SecurityException: Request failed.]
   AjaxControlToolkit.HTMLEditor.EditPanel.set_ActiveMode(ActiveModeType value) +0
   AjaxControlToolkit.HTMLEditor.EditPanel.LoadPostData(String postDataKey, NameValueCollection postCollection) +159
   AjaxControlToolkit.ScriptControlBase.System.Web.UI.IPostBackDataHandler.LoadPostData(String postDataKey, NameValueCollection postCollection) +13
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessPostData(NameValueCollection postData, Boolean fBeforeLoad) +8905944
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +8431
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +253
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +78
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) +21
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +49
   ASP.administration_productadd_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in App_Web_boc3k0hn.28.cs:0
   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +100
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

I did some looking around, and found these links.

http://forums.asp.net/p/1566627/3908517.aspx

Seems this is a known issue with the HTMLEditor not working in medium trust. From the bug report linked in that forum post, it says the main culprit is UpdateDesignTimeHtml method.

I looked that method up too.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.design.controldesigner.updatedesigntimehtml.aspx

MSDN says that this method requires Full Trust to use this method.

I was wondering if I'm doing something wrong or perhaps there is a workaround to this issue.  Is there anyway to get NopCommerce working in a medium trust environment?

Thank you,

Andres
13 anni tempo fa
Same here on 1.80....
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.