Downloadable Product Variants (multiple file types for the same product)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 anni tempo fa
I am wondering if it is possible using nopCommerce to have downloadable products where the customer can choose which file type to download for their particular need.
For example let's say I am selling music files- I have one song for sale but I want users to be able to select which file type (maybe a variant?) to download whether they want .mp3 or .wma or m4a, etc..
Is this possible?
THANKS for any help, it is greatly appreciated.
13 anni tempo fa
Unfortunately it's not possible
13 anni tempo fa
Thanks so much for your quick reply!
13 anni tempo fa
as a work around, you could try creating the item and disable the buy button and then add each of the file types as downloadable product variants eg

default product varient : (not downloadable and buy button disabled)

includes description of product and name eg rolling stones : paint it black

add new product variant ( with price ) eg  MP3 (and upload an mp3 file)
then
add new product variant ( with price ) eg  WMA (and upload a WMA file)

it all means a lot of work but if it achieves the result you are after ...
13 anni tempo fa
Thanks Haydie! you are a life saver. I have looked at more than 20 open source and enterprise shopping carts and nopCommerce is the only one that could handle my multiple file download with product variants in an easy to use style. Yes it is a bit more work to add each file as a seperate product variant but it works well in the end.
Thanks!
13 anni tempo fa
tremorrs wrote:
I am wondering if it is possible using nopCommerce to have downloadable products where the customer can choose which file type to download for their particular need.
For example let's say I am selling music files- I have one song for sale but I want users to be able to select which file type (maybe a variant?) to download whether they want .mp3 or .wma or m4a, etc..
Is this possible?
THANKS for any help, it is greatly appreciated.

Why don't you just have one dropdownlist which selects the type of download ? this looks simple enough to me. you don't need to add multiple variants or anything, just hardcode a dropdownlist with file types in product template or you can load it dynamically as well and according to the selection you do the rest?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.