Problems making custom ExternalAuth plugin for OpenIdConnect to Auth0

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
5 anni tempo fa
I'm trying to write a custom plugin to allow us to use Auth0 as an OpenIdConnect External Auth provider, using Microsoft.AspNetCore.Authentication.OpenIdConnect.
This will allow us to authenticate users against our AD within the company and other AD providers on our sister companies.

We are on NOP 4.0.

I've set up the plugin with a custom Registrar that implements IExternalAuthenticationRegistrar and adds the OpenIdConnect configuration to the builder.
I've tested the settings with a standard Asp.Net Core web app to validate that everything is correct.

I implemented a controller with a Login action to issue the Challenge command, which redirects the user to Auth0's login page, and I get a code back and some auth cookies.

The problem is that the Microsoft.AspNetCore.Authentication.OpenIdConnect implementation is supposed to wire up (behind the scenes) an /signin-oidc endpoint which silently receives the codes/tokens and validate them, upon which the user claims/info can be fetched from the Authority (Auth0).
However, whereas that works well in a plain old Asp.Net Core application, this endpoint fail to wire up in NOP and I get back a 404, telling me the /signin-oidc endpoint was not found.

Putting the app in debug mode, I get the following error:

System.InvalidOperationException
  HResult=0x80131509
  Message=No IAuthenticationSignInHandler is configured to handle sign in for the scheme: Auth0
  Source=Nop.Web.Framework
  StackTrace:
   at Nop.Web.Framework.Infrastructure.Extensions.ApplicationBuilderExtensions.<>c.<UseNopExceptionHandler>b__1_1(HttpContext context) in T:\buildasign\nop-commerce\src\Presentation\Nop.Web.Framework\Infrastructure\Extensions\ApplicationBuilderExtensions.cs:line 81
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Diagnostics.ExceptionHandlerMiddleware.<Invoke>d__6.MoveNext()

Can anyone help me figure out what I need to do to make this work with NOP, please?

Here's my Registrar:

public class BasAuthenticationRegistrar : IExternalAuthenticationRegistrar
    {
        /// <summary>
        /// Configure
        /// </summary>
        /// <param name="builder">Authentication builder</param>
        public void Configure(AuthenticationBuilder builder)
        {
            builder.AddOpenIdConnect(BasAuthenticationDefaults.AuthenticationScheme, options =>
                {
                    options.SignInScheme = BasAuthenticationDefaults.AuthenticationScheme;
                    var settings = EngineContext.Current.Resolve<BasExternalAuthSettings>();
                    options.ClientId = settings.ClientKeyIdentifier;
                    options.ClientSecret = settings.ClientSecret;
                    options.Authority = BasAuthenticationDefaults.Domain;
                    options.ResponseType = "code";
                    options.Scope.Clear();
                    options.Scope.Add("openid");
                    options.CallbackPath = new PathString("/signin-oidc");
                    options.ClaimsIssuer = BasAuthenticationDefaults.AuthenticationScheme;
                    options.GetClaimsFromUserInfoEndpoint = true;
                    options.SaveTokens = true;
                    options.Events = new OpenIdConnectEvents
                    {
                        //handle the logout redirection
                        OnRedirectToIdentityProviderForSignOut = (context) =>
                        {
                            var logoutUri =
                                $"https://cimpress.auth0.com/v2/logout?client_id={settings.ClientKeyIdentifier}";
                            var postLogoutUri = context.Properties.RedirectUri;
                            if (!string.IsNullOrEmpty(postLogoutUri))
                            {
                                if (postLogoutUri.StartsWith("/"))
                                {
                                    var request = context.Request;
                                    postLogoutUri =
                                        $"{request.Scheme}://{request.Host}{request.PathBase}{postLogoutUri}";
                                }

logoutUri += $"&returnTo={Uri.EscapeDataString(postLogoutUri)}";
                            }
                            context.Response.Redirect(logoutUri);
                            context.HandleResponse();
                            return Task.CompletedTask;
                        }
                    };
                });
        }
    }
5 anni tempo fa
FYI - I open a case with Microsoft.
They looked at it and concluded there is something off with NopCommerce. They have attempted to talk with NopCommerce but have yet to receive a reply.
4 anni tempo fa
Microsoft now tell me the NopCommerce team is finally looking at the issue.
4 anni tempo fa
Is there any word on this?  I'm trying to do the same...
4 anni tempo fa
Nothing so far. I've given hope. Planning to move to 4.2. This is fixed in 4.1. 4.0 is the only one affected.
4 anni tempo fa
Hello,

Was this ever resolved?
3 anni tempo fa
I have successfully implemented a nopcommerce plugin to allow SSO (Identity Server, Azure AD or Azure AD B2C) authentication. PM me for more information.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.