Help... Its breaking all over the place!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 anni tempo fa
Hi Guys,

Could someone give me a little help here. I have a nop 1.6 running. It has always run fine, but recently I moved host to Softsys and moved the database etc and now its all broken.

The site seems to be working fine, but in the admin section, alot of the products dont seem to be there, even though they are on the site.

Most products, if you try and add them to the cart, it throws a GDI+ error, and then every time you hit shoppingcart.aspx after then it will GDI+ error.

If you do manage to get a product into the cart, and go through the payment process, you select the shipping method (it works out the price correctly etc), but then once you enter your credit card details it errors and states than shipping could not be worked out??

Please please could someone help me with this... my site has basically been down for about 2 weeks now, and this little business is how i put food on my table :(
13 anni tempo fa
hi there,

1) On the front end (public store), is your website working fine ? or generating errors on few pages ?

2) Before moving your site and database, did you take a backup of your database ? If yes, then you can use your backup to restore your complete database...
13 anni tempo fa
Hi,

The front end seems to be working fine apart from when you actually add a product to the cart. Every product page works, but once you hit 'add to cart', about 80% of the products cause a GDI+ error as its going to shoppingcart.aspx.

I already did a restore of the database.

Thanks for your help so far with this though, it really is genuinely appreciated.
13 anni tempo fa
Hi

Sounds like it's a permissions problem on your new server. The GDI + error is possibly down to write permissions not being set on the images folder.

If all else fails you could try reinstalling a new verison of nopcommerce on your new server (as the installation makes sure you have the correct permissions set) then just restore the backup if you have one.

Hope this helps.
13 anni tempo fa
Hi,

I already spoke to the host about the permissions, thinking it could be that. They have told me it is set to full permissions.

Do you think it could still be worth upgrading to 1.8 to see if it helps anyway?
13 anni tempo fa
neilzb wrote:
Hi,

The front end seems to be working fine apart from when you actually add a product to the cart. Every product page works, but once you hit 'add to cart', about 80% of the products cause a GDI+ error as its going to shoppingcart.aspx.

I already did a restore of the database.

Thanks for your help so far with this though, it really is genuinely appreciated.

Hi, SharpDev is correct, this GDI+ error comes when you don't have write permission and in order to solve it , you have to give permission to write to the folders NopCommerceStore\images, NopCommerceStore\images\thumbs

But as you're saying the error is coming even when you add products in shopping cart which is quite unusual, and still if you think the database is getting break then the only best way to deal with it is, restore your database from your backup.bak file and use your new restored database, this should solve your problem. Remember one thing, test everything on your local machine first before making any major changes in your website directly...

Upgrading website is completely your choice but as you're making changes in your website now so this is the good chance you can make changes one time and upgrade your website to 1.8

In order to ugrdrade -> Just restore your database from your backup.bak file and run the upgrade from new download copy of 1.8versiosn...
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.